“Best Place to stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bethesda Court Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bethesda Court Hotel to your Saves list
Bethesda Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7740 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814 (Formerly Golden Tulip Bethesda Court Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #3 of 12 hotels in Bethesda
Elwood, New Jersey, United States
“Best Place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I have stayed here twice. I'm a patient at NIH and have to visit Bethesda every six months. So far, my first experience at The BHC was so pleasant, I decided to stay there again. The second time was even better than the first!
They have a hotel car that takes you OR picks you up from anywhere within a two mile radius. Wifi, Washer and dryer, neat and clean rooms WITH A KEURIG! But the best part is the friendly smiley helpful staff! LOVE THEM! Paula, Brandon, John, Sam, All of them.. SO wonderful! They will even make cab reservations if you need them. Very friendly social and helpful. I will NEVER STAY ANYWHERE ELSE!
Sandra and Dave... Best car drivers.. friendly and ready to go!
The dining room has breakfast.. the lobby has couches, chairs tables and computers, with a beautiful courtyard outback.. PERFECT location, close to shops and dining.

Room Tip: Both times I stayed on the third floor. Big bathrooms, King size bed!~ BEDS ARE SOOOOOO Comfy!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Lynchburg, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Initially our group was concerned because we were at the hotel by accident - having thought we made reservations at a different place. It turned out to be a very fortuitous mistake! The staff at the Bethesda Court helped us greatly even before we arrived. They gave us directions to the hotel by phone. The free wi-fi and breakfast were great perks! We greatly enjoyed our stay and in a group of 11 people not one said anything bad about it! The most outstanding point of the hotel was the friendliness of the staff at all hours of the day!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Idaho
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I have been staying here for almost four years and always look forward to returning. The hotel is ideally located (two blocks from the red line). It's an older property but the rooms are spacious, quiet and well-appointed. Nice little breakfast room with a good continental breakfast. In the spring, summer and fall we enjoy the lovely courtyard. The staff is outstanding and will do anything they can to make your stay enjoyable. There is a washer/dryer if you are on an extended stay. Walk to everything in Bethesda from this hotel. Great value for your money since Bethesda can be pricey.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

I stayed here for a friend's wedding. I stay in Bethesda about once a month. I tried this hotel out because it was where she booked rooms, but I wouldn't book again. I stayed 5 days (maybe 6 days), I believe.

It was OK, but it looked more like the place had a facelift than a remodel. The bathtub was old, but the sink was new. I didn't feel clean in the tub. The rest of the room was fine. It was trying to be "luxurious" on a dime. It isn't a typical "Golden Tulip" Hotel. The paint on the new mirror was more of a white-wash and you could see the wood underneath in some spots. The wall-paper was peeling too. The painting on the closet area, door, etc. wasn't the best and wasn't stripped down and repainted. The room had its own heating and air, which was very loud. The decor and the bedding were very nice. The maids kept the room clean. I appreciated the fridge, microwave, and Keurig. But, you could tell that it was a cheap redecorating of an old motel. But, it was far from terrible. It was OK.

The hotel is in walking distance to downtown Bethesda, a Starbucks, and other restaurants.

I was finally able to use their car service on the last day, and that was the deciding factor that I wouldn't book there again. The Bethesda Metro had construction on its elevators. This was well-known and should be known to the hotel staff. It was on going for a few months. So, I asked to go to the other Metro (basically, turn left instead of right). The driver, who pretended to not speak English well, drove me to Bethesda - even though I had luggage and asked to go to the other (which is less than 2 miles). When she dropped me off - at the Hyatt! Not even taking the time to turn the corner and go to the Kiss and Ride (BTW, she would have passed it on the way back to the hotel) - she just points down and says "Metro down." To get "down" you have to walk down a large set of stairs - kind of hard to do with luggage from a week's stay and a wedding! Thankfully, since I usually stay at the Hyatt, I knew they had an elevator that went down one level. I still had to go on the metro - during rush hour - with my luggage on and the second or third longest escalator in the Metro system - a safety hazard to say the least. Thankfully, I am a Washingtonian, so I knew what to do. But a guest to our city or someone with a physical impairment wouldn't have. I do suffer from a chronic pain condition, so I am very conscious of such things - luckily, I felt fine that day and could manage. That driver killed the possibility of me recommending the hotel....and they never credited my points to my Golden Tulip Card (Flavours Loyalty Programme).

Taking someone to the wrong metro is inexcusable. Dropping someone off in the portico of another hotel is not appropriate. Telling that person "metro down" is not sufficient - especially when the stairs are a bit a way from where that person was dropped and there is an established location in the metro for dropping people off.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Laurel, Mississippi, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

We had the pleasure of staying at this fine establishment for four days. The rooms are nicely appointed, the staff is nothing short of outstanding! hey will accomodate your every need! This is one of the best hotel experiences I've had!

Room Tip: 1st floor courtyard rooms are great!
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Roanoke, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are a little small as is the bath but the staff is extremely helpful and friendly and the place is immaculate. The breakfast area is tiny though adequate and at about half the price of most of the big hotels it's well worth a try.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bethesda Court Hotel? Share your experiences!