“Excellent for the money” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bethesda Court Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bethesda Court Hotel to your Saves list
Bethesda Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7740 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814 (Formerly Golden Tulip Bethesda Court Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Special
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Roanoke, Virginia
“Excellent for the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are a little small as is the bath but the staff is extremely helpful and friendly and the place is immaculate. The breakfast area is tiny though adequate and at about half the price of most of the big hotels it's well worth a try.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed here using a living social deal a couple weeks ago and I absolutely love it! It's in a great location from the metro as well as many restaurants. It was totally worth the money I paid for it. I spent $99 for the voucher which included free parking which is normally $15 (I agree that's a little steep for an open lot with a broken gate, but It was free for me so I am not complaining). I arrived way before checkin time, but the young lady at the front desk was so pleasant and allowed me to check in early..gave me lots of information, and even gave me extra water and chocolates! (Unlimited free bottled water and free chocolate.. You CAN'T beat that). Originally. Our keys didn't work and we had to get them redone, and the same young lady at the front stopped what she was doing, and then walked us upstairs with extra sets of keys so we wouldn't have to come all the way back down just in case the new set did not work (apparently they have this key issue often, I would look into replacing some equipment If that is the case). But anyway, that's great customer service. Down side: there was only 2 towels in the room, up side: the young lady noticed we had 4 in our group and informed us that housekeeping didn't get a chance to set the room for 4 people since we were early. She noticed before I even had to ask! That's great service to me. Quick, friendly, efficient, and aware!! The room was a decent size. Not too small, and it overlooked a lovely courtyard.
Another thing I loved seeing was the young lady addressing guests by name. I mentioned to her she must have been doing this for a long time to remember names like that.. She informed me she only has worked there for a couple of months. WOW.
Did I mention the brand new Chrystler 300 free hotel sedan that shuttled us to dinner... Nice touch!
The breakfast options were very nice, the room it is served in was however very small. But since it was nice out, we sat in the courtyard area and enjoyed out complimentary breakfast.
I honestly never heard of this site until the young lady informed me about it, had I read the reviews here I would have been a little weary about actually staying here, so I'm glad I have only recently discovered it. I overall had a wonderful experience and hope they run another deal soon, it was a nice getaway from the kids. Way to go Bethesda Court!! I am going to recommend to all my friends to stay there when they come to DC!

• Stayed November 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012 via mobile

Staff professional ...Great breakfast options....Rooms clean..can't go wrong for the $$$$$. Sad part is in 2013 They're demolishing the hotel as the owner is bringing in a Westin ....I luv them tooooo so out with the old and in with the new in 2013.....lets hope the staff has a home while the construction is ongoing .

• Stayed November 2012
NJ, USA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

My initial impression of the hotel & room was not that good. It looks like it was a motel. The elevator is very small, esp the doorway. There is a rather loud heating unit. The shower is quite small with a cheesy door. There’s a curtain rather than a door on the closet. There appeared to be no full-length mirror. Days later I noticed there is a mirror in the back of the unlit closet. But after a few minutes the place grew on me. It is comfy & homey. The staff is very efficient & pleasant. The cleaning staff is not loud & obnoxious like they are at many other hotels. The place is spotless. I know others complained about wi-fi but I had no problems on the 3rd flr. The lobby has a nice seating area. Free breakfast is included. It’s nothing special but it’s a good starter for the day. This is a nice perk, not usually included in the DC area in my experience. The breakfast room is very small with only about 5 tables. You might want to sit in the lobby on the living room-type furniture. The hotel is in a great spot. It’s barely a 2-block walk to the Metro. There are blocks & blocks of all different kinds of restaurants nearby. Nice that there’s a Keurig, fridge & microwave in the room. Staff let me leave my car all day on my checkout day. My big complaint is that the breakfast staff is very annoying. Her cellphone went off constantly & she answered it & had full-blown conversations in Spanish daily. It’s a big problem here b/c the room is so small. She was in the way. She kept refilling things, which is nice, but she was in the way. The containers were full & she kept overfilling them possibly b/c she wasn’t paying attention b/c she was on her cell! Also, 1 day they were getting a replacement coffee pot. Instead of waiting 10 min until breakfast was over she had the guy change it so we couldn’t get coffee or tea. The vendor wanted to wait. She told him to change it now. I think the hotel mgr should have made that decision.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Port Saint Lucie, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

We negotiated a decent rate with this downtown Bethesda hotel. Apparently patients and their families who have appointments at NiH, Walter Reed, Naval Medical get reduced rates at this nearby property. Since most name brand hotels were close to $270 a night, we were thrilled to pay much less at this small property billing itself as Bethesda's jewel.

The location was great, very walkable to Metrorail Bethesda station, 100's of restaurants and shops... And our doctors offices.
Our room was quiet, clean and comfortable. Parking is a bit of a rip at $15 per night, there is a public garage a block away.

Staff were helpful and friendly. I would stay here again.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

My girlfriend and I stayed at Bethesda Court Hotel while I was on a business trip to DC. My training center was just a few blocks away and the location was perfect. I think this place has its ups and downs.
Ups:
Location - great restaurants nearby (I highly recommend Black's Bar & Kitchen right behind the hotel), Metro is just a couple of blocks down.
Staff - very friendly and courteous. The shuttle service is a private car (brand new Chrysler 300) to take you where you need to go within 2 miles. It's first come first serve, but was nice to get to dinner.
Rooms - while small, they're comfortable and well-appointed. The bed was comfy. The air-conditioner was VERY loud though.

Downs:
The hallway was a bit smelly one day, like a rest-stop bathroom. Maybe it was a nasty bathroom, but it was pretty off-putting.
As noted above, the air conditioner was very loud.
The walls are a bit thin - we could hear the TV of the next room.
Rooms are not very spacious, but then again, it's just a place to sleep.
WIFI - it didn't really work on the 3rd floor, so if that's important to you ask for a lower room.

Overall - would I stay there again? Mmm, maybe. If I needed to save a few bucks, yes. If I could afford to do more, one of the higher priced ones in the area might end up feeling worth it.

Room Tip: Lower floors so you can get wifi.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

The Bethesda Court Hotel is a cute hotel tucked away on Wisconsin Ave. We booked a room block for our out of town guests for our wedding in September. The group rates for rooms are very reasonably priced for the location – right in the heart of downtown Bethesda and just blocks from the Bethesda Metro station.

The courtyard is a quiet, relaxing, and wonderful place to entertain guests. We held a brunch in the courtyard the day after the wedding for our out of town guests and it was a big hit.

The staff are friendly and very accommodating. We would highly recommend the Bethesda Court Hotel for anyone looking to book a group rate for reasonable prices in downtown Bethesda.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Bethesda Court Hotel? Share your experiences!