“The Court hotel in Bethesda” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bethesda Court Hotel

You added Bethesda Court Hotel to your Saves list
Bethesda Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7740 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814 (Formerly Golden Tulip Bethesda Court Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
A TripAdvisor Member
“The Court hotel in Bethesda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

The Court Hotel was a nice surprise and the area had access to everything we needed. I would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Newport, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stayed here for three days with my girlfriend in August and had a great time. Luckily I had a couple friends in the area from college to point me to the good places to go because the hotel gives you basically no entertainment directory. There is a very nice shopping/dining area a couple blocks from the hotel that is not mentioned in their booklet that we found on the second day. P.S Go to the Mussel Bar! It is also conveniently located within walking distance of the Metro to DC. The service, however, is terrible. They have almost no accomodations and the showers for a 6'2" 195 lb man are pretttty tiny. Bring your own wine opener and glasses if you plan on popping a bottle open with your lady late-night because they certainly don't have any.

Also, on last day we went out for breakfast and specifically told the front desk we were NOT checking out. We got back well before the check out time and found our room keys to not work....they checked us out. We got new room key and discovered that they had cleaned the whole room...including the fridge with our Ruth's Chris Steakhouse and Mussel Bar leftovers. Certainly not a good note to end on.

I went on a Groupon so it was a good value for the price. Would I stay there again? Probably not unless they had another groupon deal. There's plenty of better hotels in the area.

Also, no pool. Super crappy gym. The theater across the street they advertise about isn't even open and very limited parking space in their lot.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank Ryan T
Bethany Beach, Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

I stay there on a regular basis--very friendly and competent staff--clean-great location to walk most all ,of Bethesda--lots of restaurants and bars and stores and shops-in house breakfast-quiet garden terrace area courtyard

Room Tip: court side view
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is located close to NIH and transit. Staff was friendly and there are a couple of good restaurants in the area. There is very limited shopping locations, unless you are willing to walk some distance. The building is old. This means that the windows are thin, elevator small, and that the wiring was old...lots of extension cords for tv and lamps...difficult to charge phone. Shuttle service poor with unfriendly staff and tardiness.

• Stayed September 2012
Lexington Park, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Used a Groupon voucher for a stay at this hotel. The location is convenient to many local restaurants and not too far from dupont circle. The front desk staff was friendly and helpful during our check in too. The room was cute and cozy but most of the time was spent out and about. Unfortunately I didn't have a chance to try the breakfast (was out too late at Woodmont Grill--right around the corner), but there is other options to try for breakfast (we did The Original Pancake House). Parking wasn't valet but conveniently right next to the hotel (lit parking lot and gated). Would def go back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

This is a small three story hotel has a European feel to it. it is an older hotel and the rooms are small. The beds were comfortable, They have a flat screen tv and free Internet and a continental Breakfast with hard boiled eggs, bagels cranberry juice ect. The breakfast area is extremely small so people take their food outside where there is a nice garden. They have a fancy coffee machine . a fridge and microwave in the room and the beds were comfortable. They have a nice lobby with comfortable chairs and a nice selection of books to read. On site parking is fifteen dollars a day and the location of this hotel is very good as it is walking distance to many restaurants and shops. We enjoyed our stay there and would stay there again. The Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Bethesda Court hotel is a small three story hotel. It is not a luxury or modern facility. More like an European small hotel as other reviewers have indicated. If “luxury” is very important for you there are other hotels in the area such as the “Hayat” which is almost the same price. Bethesda Court does not have a pool or large rooms, so if you have children it might not provide entertainment that some other places will provide. I did stay at the Bethesda Court Hotel for a business trip to NIH. I decided to stay at the Court Hotel after the Double Tree Hotel (walking distance for the Bethesda Court), messed up my reservation so many times and the double tree’s management and customer service was soooo bad that I just changed to Bethesda court. If I travel back for a business trip to the area I will stay in Bethesda Court Hotel for the following reason: convenience!!! The room was small but comfortable, the staff was very accommodating and responded to all of my requests to their best ability (e.g. I have allergies so they vacuumed my room every day and changed the linen etc.) The hotel offered free internet, free bottled water, free breakfast and most importantly free limousine service that took me to NIH and when I was done with my meetings, I would call and they would pick me up. Make sure to check on the car’s availability, it is on first come first serve bases and can carries up to 4-5 people. They will take you anywhere to up to 2 miles from the hotel. There are so many restaurants close to the hotel on the Wisconsin and Woodmount Ave. that there is something for everyone. My favorites were Mon Ami Gabi, Olazzo. My least favorite restaurant was Newton’s Table (for their service and food)). The first day I arrive, it was a heavy thunderstorm in the evening so I just went a couple of steps outside the hotel to Kabob Bazar, which had wonderful food and homemade ice cream. The elevator in the hotel is small but I just tool few steps up and down to the second floor. I also asked for the courtyard view for my room which was nice. There are many business people, and visitors to NIH staying in the hotel and I would come back.

Room Tip: I liked my second floor court yard view (nice view and I did not have to use the small elevator)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Sreih
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethesda
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda
American Inn of Bethesda
American Inn of Bethesda
#8 of 11 in Bethesda
3.5 of 5 stars 255 reviews

Been to Bethesda Court Hotel? Share your experiences!