“Comfortable, convenient stay, close to metro, NIH, many restaurants, free internet, breakfast and limousine service!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bethesda Court Hotel

You added Bethesda Court Hotel to your Saves list
Bethesda Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7740 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814 (Formerly Golden Tulip Bethesda Court Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
3 Night Weekend Special
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

Bethesda Court hotel is a small three story hotel. It is not a luxury or modern facility. More like an European small hotel as other reviewers have indicated. If “luxury” is very important for you there are other hotels in the area such as the “Hayat” which is almost the same price. Bethesda Court does not have a pool or large rooms, so if you have children it might not provide entertainment that some other places will provide. I did stay at the Bethesda Court Hotel for a business trip to NIH. I decided to stay at the Court Hotel after the Double Tree Hotel (walking distance for the Bethesda Court), messed up my reservation so many times and the double tree’s management and customer service was soooo bad that I just changed to Bethesda court. If I travel back for a business trip to the area I will stay in Bethesda Court Hotel for the following reason: convenience!!! The room was small but comfortable, the staff was very accommodating and responded to all of my requests to their best ability (e.g. I have allergies so they vacuumed my room every day and changed the linen etc.) The hotel offered free internet, free bottled water, free breakfast and most importantly free limousine service that took me to NIH and when I was done with my meetings, I would call and they would pick me up. Make sure to check on the car’s availability, it is on first come first serve bases and can carries up to 4-5 people. They will take you anywhere to up to 2 miles from the hotel. There are so many restaurants close to the hotel on the Wisconsin and Woodmount Ave. that there is something for everyone. My favorites were Mon Ami Gabi, Olazzo. My least favorite restaurant was Newton’s Table (for their service and food)). The first day I arrive, it was a heavy thunderstorm in the evening so I just went a couple of steps outside the hotel to Kabob Bazar, which had wonderful food and homemade ice cream. The elevator in the hotel is small but I just tool few steps up and down to the second floor. I also asked for the courtyard view for my room which was nice. There are many business people, and visitors to NIH staying in the hotel and I would come back.

Room Tip: I liked my second floor court yard view (nice view and I did not have to use the small elevator)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Bethesda Court has a great location - to metro, restaurants and shopping.
complimentary breakfast, wonderful courtyard, nice, clean rooms and great staff who are there to help make your stay special. Worth every penny!

Room Tip: request a room over the courtyard
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Muscat, Oman
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The best feature of this 3 star was, for me, the courtyard. As hot as it was - late June 2012 when I visited, the shady garden made an ordinary breakfast really different. D|ue to a crowded dining area, I went outside to eat. Seating was around large round picnic tables, compelling us to speak to fellow guests. As for the rooms - a little compact, but every amenity you could ask for packed into them. Cleaning staff were most gracious in explaining the mysteries of the coffee maker. Onsite parking was an extra $15/day and worth it, and you are 3 blocks from the metro line to downtown Washington.

Room Tip: You might wish to stay on the second floor as the elevator was out of order once during my stay.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We were looking for a comfortable, clean hotel to stay at that was on the DC metro line and was a better deal than the downtown DC offerings. This hotel certainly fit the bill.

The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. The bathroom was fine, although the drain in the shower was slow and I found I had to turn off the water several times during my showers. There is no separate ventilation fan in the bathroom. I found the A/C to be effective in cooling the room down--especially when it was close to 100F each day we were in town--but a bit too loud to have on during the night.

The location of this hotel is great: a 5-minute walk to the Bethesda metro station and close to the I495. It is also not far from the upscale shopping area in Chevy Chase. It is easy to get to the National Mall area with the metro, although I found it strange that the subway comes once every 11-12 minutes during the off hours. There are also lots of nice little restaurants within walking distance of the hotel (Mia's Pizzeria was a particularly good one).

Overall, this hotel is a good value for the DC area--even accounting for the parking fee of $15/day.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sheboygan County, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

My husband I have traveled to Bethesda several times this year, and have stayed at the Bethesda Court each time. It is very nice - has a quaint feeling with a nice outdoor courtyard. The rooms are a little small, but clean and comfortable, with a fridge and micro, which is handy. Our only complaint is the pastry served on the breakfast buffet. It is usually stale. I think they order a supply for the week because it never tastes fresh. There are also bagels, cereal, etc., so there are other breakfast choices, but the pastries are bad. Service is great - very friendly staff. And they provide transportation for up to a mile, which is nice because my husband is handicapped, and if we want to go to a restaurant that is too far for him to walk, they will take us and pick us up. I am sure will stay there again on future visits.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Denver, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2012

Stayed for five nights in July. Courteous staff, adjusted to my requests.....clean, reasonable rates, great location for METRO and restaurants, helped me with clothes left behind and shipped to me on request. Great choice !

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bethesda
Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda
American Inn of Bethesda
American Inn of Bethesda
#7 of 11 in Bethesda
3.5 of 5 stars 240 reviews

Been to Bethesda Court Hotel? Share your experiences!