“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Bethesda Court Hotel

You added Bethesda Court Hotel to your Saves list
Bethesda Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7740 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814 (Formerly Golden Tulip Bethesda Court Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Special
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
XENIA
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

This hotel is in the best location for all of the restaurants in Bethesda, and for a 2 block walk to the metro. The front desk was polite, and answered our questions about the area. The room seemed clean, and a little bit worn. The carpet looked dirty and there was some peeling wallpaper, and also some drywall nails or screws coming out of the wall. Like others said the breakfast room is way too small. Every morning it was very crowded, so we took our breakfast to our room. We went out a couple of times for breakfast, because I wanted my kids to have some protein (turkey sausage or bacon, scrambled eggs). They mainly had carbs, there was hardboiled eggs, which were ok. Overall the #1 thing this hotel has going for is Location, and free wi-fi. After that it is just ok. We would probably stay again, if we came back to the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Annapolis, MD
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2012

The room was very satisfactory and clean with everything anyone would need for a short stay. The coffee maker in the room was a Keurig which we use at home and this was a first for us at a hotel. We were greeted warmly at check in with bottles of water and chocolate. Housekeeping met us as we were entering our room and suggested we might need more towels and supplies. How refreshing not to have to ask for this. The continental breakfast consisted of Starbucks coffee, variety of juices, cereal, muffins, pastries, bagels, hard boiled eggs, yogurt, and a variety of fresh fruit. It was presented well and constantly restocked. We would recommend this hotel and will use it again.

Room Tip: Plan to spend $14 a day for safe and convenient parking. The hotel used to be called the Golden Tul...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends
Norwalk, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

This three-story hotel is a classic and a gem. First of all, a bottle of water and a piece of dark chocolate welcomes you with the staffs’ friendly smiles. The room has adequate space, is tastefully decorated, and its bathroom has marble floors. The room I stayed in last year had only a shower stall, but it was not a pre-fabricated one. It had tiles around, and I felt like staying at an old European hotel. The amenities such as organic soaps, shampoo, conditioner, and body lotion are provided. The hotel has a courtyard, which is open to all the guests. Last year we asked for chocolate in the evening while we had a meeting. The staff presented us more than we consumed without any hesitation. They were so kind and understandable. The hotel is located a block away from the Metro Bethesda Station, and you can get to the main attractions of D.C. within15 minutes. The numerous restaurants are just behind the hotel and you have many choices to choose from. I need to stay for just one night every year in D.C. I like this hotel very much.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

This hotel is ideally located for the Metro, local restaurants and a short drive to Georgetown. Sam was at the desk and very helpful to us when we asked questions about the area. He was rightly proud of Bethesda. I wouldn't hesitate to use this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Dayton, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights while attending workshop at NIH. Close to Bethesda Metro so easy access to NIH. Clean rooms, comfy beds, friendly staff. Nicer inside than out. Breakfast was adequate but not great.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Recently stayed here for a one-night work trip as opposed to the hotel we normally stay at (partially based on reviews found here). It was okay, though I wouldn't want to stay here for much longer than a night.

My room on the second floor was fine. It was clean and spacious enough, though I did find the shower curtain "door" to the closet a little odd... The lighting was really dim and there was a shortage of outlets. The bathroom was okay but the shower was the second tiniest I've ever been in in my life (second to an old B & B in England)--and I am not a large person! It was generally quiet save for the traffic outside.

Free breakfast was included which was nice, although the breakfast room was slightly cramped.

I'll give them props for the free wi-fi--always nice.

The location is great if you need to be right in Bethesda as I did. Very convenient and an easy cab ride to/from DCA.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Castleton, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband and I have stayed in this hotel many times. I forgot my purse when I was at the computer a few weeks ago and we drove out of town. Upon reaching our house I remembered that I had left the purse hanging over the chair in the lobby of the hotel. I called immediately and was told that the staff had found it and kept it safely until we were able to pick it up the following day. We were very impressed to have found it intact.

Additionally we have found the hotel to be clean, comfortable and very conveniently located to all restaurants, shops and the metro. This is the only hotel in Bethesda that provides free limousine service within a several mile radius of the hotel. We enjoy the courtyard for breakfast or reading when the weather is good. We are treated like part of an extended family and find other hotels very impersonal in contrast. Highly recommend it if you come to this area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Bethesda Court Hotel? Share your experiences!