“Convenient for a one night stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Bethesda Court Hotel

You added Bethesda Court Hotel to your Saves list
Bethesda Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7740 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814 (Formerly Golden Tulip Bethesda Court Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
3 Night Weekend Special
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Chicago, Illinois
“Convenient for a one night stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

Recently stayed here for a one-night work trip as opposed to the hotel we normally stay at (partially based on reviews found here). It was okay, though I wouldn't want to stay here for much longer than a night.

My room on the second floor was fine. It was clean and spacious enough, though I did find the shower curtain "door" to the closet a little odd... The lighting was really dim and there was a shortage of outlets. The bathroom was okay but the shower was the second tiniest I've ever been in in my life (second to an old B & B in England)--and I am not a large person! It was generally quiet save for the traffic outside.

Free breakfast was included which was nice, although the breakfast room was slightly cramped.

I'll give them props for the free wi-fi--always nice.

The location is great if you need to be right in Bethesda as I did. Very convenient and an easy cab ride to/from DCA.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Castleton, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

My husband and I have stayed in this hotel many times. I forgot my purse when I was at the computer a few weeks ago and we drove out of town. Upon reaching our house I remembered that I had left the purse hanging over the chair in the lobby of the hotel. I called immediately and was told that the staff had found it and kept it safely until we were able to pick it up the following day. We were very impressed to have found it intact.

Additionally we have found the hotel to be clean, comfortable and very conveniently located to all restaurants, shops and the metro. This is the only hotel in Bethesda that provides free limousine service within a several mile radius of the hotel. We enjoy the courtyard for breakfast or reading when the weather is good. We are treated like part of an extended family and find other hotels very impersonal in contrast. Highly recommend it if you come to this area.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

I have stayed here every 21 days for the past year. The service is great. I love the front desk staff.

• Stayed March 2012
Louisa, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

this is the best hotel in the area. Brandon and staff treat guests like family It is a clean well kept hotel the is a great bargain and is centrally located to the Metro for easy travel to see the Nation's Capital. We choose to stay here during all of our travels to the area which is every 3 weeks.. Would not even considered staying anywhere else.. this is home away from home...

Room Tip: have stayed in many rooms all are great...we travel for chemo every three weeks for the last year...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
landstuhl GE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012

This is a gem and a steal for the price! Its right next to the Bethesda Metro making it easy to access to anything you may need! The rooms are warm and inviting, I have been coming into Bethesda for the past 3 years and never stay anywhere but here! The staff is great and treat you like family! If your looking for a close place to stay for Walter reed or NIH they shuttle you back and forth for free which is a great asset! I will keep coming back!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Rochester, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

Recently stayed for three nights at Bethesda Court Hotel, and wished I could have stayed longer. Notable pluses here: 1) front desk is helpful: when I couldn't print my airline boarding pass, they immediately responded; when I needed a hotel limo ride they made it happen; 2) it is a very friendly, human place: maids are friendly and conversational, and in the breakfast room it was easy to hear three or four different languages spoken among guests and staff; 3 )the garden courtyard is an absolute gem: in the heart ot traffic-ridden Bethesda, this is an oasis of calm for breakfast or relaxing with a good book; 4) my room was wonderful: totally clean and comfortable, and with amenities that matter: excellent coffee-maker (Keurig), a microwave and refrigerator; 5) location: quick walk to the DC Metro subway, to a Safeway supermarket, a CVS drugsstore, and nearly two-dozen great ethnic eateries, all within five to ten minutes on foot. Summary: this place has it all, and for a rate which seems notably less than the supersized chain hotels in Bethesda.

Room Tip: yes, ask for a room overlooking the courtyard
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

What I liked most about this hotel was the nice lobby. Responsive desk staff, nice small breakfast room, 2 computers for use right next to comfortable reading chairs. The outside garden is probably nice in warm weather. It has only 3 or 4 floors, and is easy to scoot out without an elevator. Water and chocolates provided on arrival, breakfast was more than adequate (hard boiled eggs, cereal, yogurt, pastries), although the croissant I chose must have sat around a bit because it was quite stale.
Rooms were comfortable and nicely furnished. However, the beds are not on platforms but on boxsprings. . .so stuff can be left under the bed. Much to my chagrain, my child dropped a toy, rummaged under the bed, and came up with what appeared to be an open (but unused) prophylactic. I suppose this can happen anywhere, but it was a rather disconcerting housekeeping oversight.
There is a very nice, small workout room with good reading material. A car service is available for free within several miles of the hotel. Tons of restaurants right nearby.
I would definitely stay here again, I preferred it to the larger hotel we stayed at last time in Bethesda (as long as we don't need a pool). I am going to start checking more thoroughly under beds in all hotels, though.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Been to Bethesda Court Hotel? Share your experiences!