“Surprisingly Nice” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bethesda Court Hotel

Save Saved
You added Bethesda Court Hotel to your Saves list
Bethesda Court Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7740 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, MD 20814 (Formerly Golden Tulip Bethesda Court Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Weekend Special
Ranked #4 of 11 hotels in Bethesda
Harrisonburg, VA
“Surprisingly Nice”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

I needed a one-night room in Bethesda for a short meeting at NIH early the next morning. I was very impressed with the room, the staff and the facility in general. The bed was comfortable, everything was clean, and the staff was accomodating and pleasant. I was handed two complimentary water bottles and some chocolate when I arrived. Yes, the elevators and the showers are small and I can imagine that the parking lot may sometimes fill. But for me, there were plenty of parking spots and, as I'm used to paying $30+ for a day of parking in an urban hotel, the $14 price tag was nothing. (In addition, when I pointed out that I wasn't charged for it on my hotel bill, the front desk clerk told me "not to worry about it.") Overall, I was very pleasantly surprised by my Bethesda find and would definitely stay there again.

Stayed February 2012, traveled on business

235 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Rio de Janeiro
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

This hotel has really nice and spacious rooms. The staff is friendly and very helpful - they arranged a car to take me to the airport promptly.
However, the breakfast is not a strong point as there are few options.
The location is great if you are attending a meeting at NIH, but it can take you 30 min to get to downtown DC during rush hour - there's a metro station two blocks away.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Mid-Atlantic
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We liked the convenient location, the clean and well-kept room and the European feel of the property. The staff was courteous and knowledgeable. Would stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Brooklyn, NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

We have stayed here many times, visiting daughter in DC near MD line. Reasonable rates, comfy beds, better than average continental breakfast, parking fees very modest for DC area. Pleasant lobby lounge area and lovely garden is a real amenity. Many restaurants walking distance with wonderful pancake house just across the parking lot.

Room Tip: If you like a room with bath, ask. We just learned recently that some rooms only have showers
Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Boston, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

This was our second 5-night stay at the BCH, as we stayed there for 5 nights last year at the same time of year. There were a few minor changes due to the change of management from last year, one being that we paid for our parking (last year was complementary during the Christmas holiday), although the room rate was less. This hotel is a very good value, comfortable, friendly, and convenient to DC. I think that some of the mattresses may need replacement, as ours wasn't firm, and for two people sharing a double this can be a bit challenging. After our first night our room wasn't made up. I had spoken to the cleaning person to alert them the "Do not disturb" sign would be out until noon, but after that the room would be empty and available for cleaning. When we all arrived back that night, the room hadn't been cleaned even though the sign had been removed and the room vacated by noon. When I spoke to the person on duty, he was very apologetic. He would be sure to alert the cleaning staff. We had no further issues with cleaning, and the room was left tidy and well stocked subsequent days. Despite the one difficulty, we would certainly return to the BCH, particularly with the perk of a very nice breakfast offered daily.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2011

The BCH is an excellent choice for anyone going to the National Institutes of Health. There is a free shuttle to and from the NIH. The hotel rooms are clean and comfortable. Each room has a mini frig, iron and ironing board, coffee machine, and safe. Included in the rate is a continental breakfast. The hotel is located 2 blocks from the Bethesda Metro Station (Red Line).. It is convenient to get to DC without the hassle of fighting traffic.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2011

That's their tagline and it is accurate. Locals think of this hotel from its former seedy reputation but it has come a long way from that history. I arrived thinking I had a reservation, only to realize that I had never received any confirmation for the phoned-in reservation I made months ago. The front desk employee couldn't have been more accommodating. She was gracious and quickly found me a room at the package rate that I had expected. As others have noted, the location is incredibly convenient, just a block away from a Metro stop. Half a block away is a 7-Eleven and a CVS. Around the corner are Bethesda's many outstanding restaurants. My package included free parking (a rarity), two bottles of water, and two pay-per-view movies. The free breakfast included the kind of food I usually eat, but this is not for the "eggs, bacon, and pancake" crowd. Like others, I appreciated the refrigerator, microwave, and Keurig coffeemaker. I also found the heating/cooling unit to be very loud, but effective. Finally, the bed was super comfortable and the room was surprisingly quiet. I was alone on this trip and always felt safe. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled solo

Been to Bethesda Court Hotel? Share your experiences!