“Authentic, like my mother's cooking” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Miami, Florida
“Authentic, like my mother's cooking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

A business collegue has an office near by and he took me here for my birthday. He raved about the white pizza because he knows how much I love pizza. It was excellent. The small was perfect for the 2 of us. It has a nice flavor of cheese and garlic. We also split the spaghetti dish made without a heavy cream sauce. That was also very good. I was also p,eased by the prices. Not the typical over the top bill in DC. Total bill for 2 with tip was $25.10. This is not a gourmet restaurant and it does not pretend to be one, but I can see why it has been a fixture in Bethesda for over 35 years! The servers are professional, polite, and attentive when necessary. I will certainly return...and order the white pizza again. I measure Italian food by what my mother made for me. The Pines of Rome passed the "Mamma" test easily.

Yogaville
“Nothing Special”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

We went to Pines of Rome with high hopes buoyed by a connection to the late great AV's, our all-time favorite ristorante via a former AV chef we'd read about. Sadly, though several menu items were similar this only served to highten the mediocre quality of everything we tried -- eggplant parm, fried zucchini, pizza, even the table bread. None of it bad, but none of it exceptional at all. We're not fussy about ambience or presentation, but the taste itself was only fair.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, MD
“Been Here A Long Time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is a classic Italian Restaurant. The pastas and other menu items are the genuine article. This restaurant has been here in Bethesda forever. I have seen famous people eating here too so it must be known around DC too. I know it has other locations under slightly different names, but this is my favorite.

Visited October 2012
Pendleton, South Carolina
“Reasonable prices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

The restaurant is just a short walk from The Residence Inn where I stayed. The atmosphere was casual and the prices reasonable. I ordered the fettuccine Alfredo for my meal. When it arrived at my table it looked like it had been sitting under a warmer for a while (probably while waiting for my brother's lasagna to cook!). Despite its appearance, it tasted good. My brother's lasagna was very hot and tasty. The wine was served "home-style" in a water glass and was plentiful.

• Visited January 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, Maryland
“Old fashioned neighborhood Italian food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Has been a fixture for over 30 years. Some of the waiters are the originals. Don't expect gourmet but do expect good food and greAt value. Be sure to order the white pizza and red peppers. Kid friendly

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere