“Fine local restaurant” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Newton's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 296 restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Woodmont and Arlington
Transit: We are two blocks from the Bethesda Metro Station, on the Red Line.
Description: Newton's Table, a new restaurant by Chef Dennis Friedman, is the latest addition to downtown Bethesda featuring contemporary American cuisine. Renovations are almost finished and opening is slated for early April.
Bethesda, Maryland
“Fine local restaurant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Six of us wanted a quiet table for chatting and good food, and we found it at Newton's Table. Heretofore, I had usually had their unique Fuzu pasta dish with a tasty mixture of seafood and veggies, but this time several of us tried their fish... an entire Mediterranean fish, simply prepared with oil and spices. It was just about the tastiest fish dish I had had in many a year. It was perfectly cooked but imperfectly filleted. We were warned that their might be "a few pin bones," but there were lots and lots in my serving. Otherwise, the service was fine and we could talk easily.Desserts were delicious, including their unique "pig brittle ('peanut' brittle with pecans and proscuitto)." All six of us were pleased with ur meal and eager to return.

• Visited March 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

85% Recommend
Colts Neck, New Jersey
“Decent but Pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

I enjoyed my dinner but, my two guests were not quite as pleased. They felt their food was just mediocre and the steak special my friend ordered was $44. And, if you’re a bread lover, forget it. It’s not served here.

My meal, the Coco-Surry Fuzu was excellent and only $27, one of the least expensive dinners on the menu. If you plan on an appetizer, ask if they have calamari (it’s not always on the menu). It is outstanding – the best I have ever had! Finally, the dessert – you are paying for the presentation, not the taste. They are ok, but not worth the high price. Overall, a decent meal, but for the price, there are better options in Bethesda.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Great Food In a Mellow Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

The restaurant serves great and varies food with gracious but unpretentious service. Unlike many places, not designed to feed egos but to feed appetite for good and creative food,

• Visited November 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Intimate Atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Dinner on a Tuesday night. Quiet atmosphere, excellent food, generous food portions. I had the salmon and my co-workers had the mushroom ravioli. We all thoroughly enjoyed our food and the quiet atmosphere that allowed us to chat without talking loudly and listen without straining.
Our server was attentive and very professional. I would love to have the opportunity to eat here again.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington, DC
“Such a gem!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

WONDERFUL menu. The bison and the mushroom ravioli are among the best I've ever had. FANTASTIC cocktails, unusual wine menu and lovely staff. I had the ice cream and sorbet assortment - something I usually wouldn't select - and the blackberry mint ice cream is among the best homemade flavors I've ever had.

Visited February 2014