“Quiet, elegant place with fine food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Newton's Table is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 299 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Woodmont and Arlington
Transit: We are two blocks from the Bethesda Metro Station, on the Red Line.
Description: Newton's Table, a new restaurant by Chef Dennis Friedman, is the latest addition to downtown Bethesda featuring contemporary American cuisine. Renovations are almost finished and opening is slated for early April.
Bethesda, Maryland
“Quiet, elegant place with fine food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Four of us enjoyed the ambience and fine service at this lovely Bethesda restaurant. Our starters were terrific: 2 different delicious salads, sweet potato gnocchi, and cold soba noodles with ceviche-style chunks of shrimp and scallops (least tasty of all the appetizers). Main courses were perfectly sized and perfectly cooked: wonderful poached halibut, grilled rockfish, tasty veal tenderloin (3 thick slices) crusted with macadamian nut chutney and presented with purple Okinawa sweet potato puree. We shared an order of their wonderful, signature dessert of "pig brittle" with pecans and proscuitto and an item new to the menu, apricot crumble (tasty but smallish). Coffee/cappucino was particularly flavorful, we thought.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Rockville, Maryland
“Consistently Excellent”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

This is my wife and I's favorite local restaurant. Every dish we have ordered is amazing with the exception of the Ahi Tuna we ordered this last time (they cook it too much despite requesting rare). But that doesn't discourage me from giving it rave reviews. Love it!

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Our favorite place.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We live here, and we're here all the time. Fine dining doesn't really have much of a foothold in Bethesda (really, now, it just doesn't) but Newton's Table is holding up the tent pole.

Chef Friedman is hugely creative - appetizers to try are the nori tuna, seared squares of ahi surrounded with a miso ginger demiglace; the short rib, seasoned with 12 spices and espresso; and any soup special he has. Big winners for the mains include the bison ribeye and the "fuzu" noodles, the latter of which is a platform for a fast-casual restaurant downtown.

Can't miss the chocolate crunch dessert. It's what happens when Kit-Kat's father makes him get cleaned up and put on a tuxedo.

Very few places get perfect ratings (I am picky.) Do they make mistakes? What do you think?

Do I love it? Unquestionably.

• Visited May 2013
Vail, Colorado
“Fresh, Flavorful Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

My dad and I shared the crab cakes and the filet. Phenomenal. And for dessert we had the banana roll and the apple trio. Both were good, but the banana roll exceeded my expectations!! Would definitely recommend.

• Visited April 2013
Bethesda, MD
“Best birthday dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I went to Newton's Table for my birthday and every aspect of the experience was wonderful. The staff couldn't be more accommodating and the meal was fantastic. I had the crab cakes and my husband had the duck breast. Save room for dessert and try the grilled angel food cake smothered in berries and whipped cream. Nice wine list, too. A parking structure is across the street so don't bother with valet parking unless you need it.

• Visited April 2013