“Simply the best chinese restaurant in the DC area” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Takeout
Dining options: Takeout
Silver Spring, Maryland
“Simply the best chinese restaurant in the DC area”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

We have lived close to DC for six years, and in the general area for more than 20 years, yet somehow managed to miss this hidden gem. We've eaten in perhaps a dozen chinese restaurants, but now this is the place to go for great chinese food in the DC area. My ethnic-chinese wife ordered a lamb dish that was the best lamb she has ever had. We had spring rolls for appetizers, and they were light and flaky with no excess oil. I've eaten "spring rolls" more times than I remember, but never anywhere as good as these.

We visited in late afternoon when there were few other customers, so I cannot judge service or quality when they are busy. One thing I can confirm is that their prices are no higher than other chinese restaurants, and the portions left a lot to take home. Great value!

Downside: In Bethesda, where parking has essentially disappeared. This restaurant is just a couple blocks from he Bethesda Metro station. And, I'm sure you can always order takeout and have a passenger run in while you idle outside.

• Visited May 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
1 Thank DonC1958

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Great food and service, massive portions”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2011

Been a couple times now and have had the same good experience again. A good range of Chinese vegetarian food, with a number of tasty tofu dishes. First time I went I ordered a starter then could hardly eat any of my main course. Now just order a tofu dish with rice and still can't eat it all (though, as with most of reviews of restaurants in the US, this may not apply to locals..). Very good food, nice beers, good, friendly service and reasonably priced.

• Visited March 2011