“Try the lamb shank on Sundays and Tuesdays” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kabob Bazaar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #14 of 296 restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Norfolk Street
Transit: One block from Bethesda Metro station
omaha
“Try the lamb shank on Sundays and Tuesdays”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Good Persian place, I have been to better ones, hence the four stars. The kebab dishes are fine but not outstanding, good choices on the accompanying rice. In general if you think kebab dishes are dry, then try the lamb shank, which is served only two days in the week.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
Chicago, Illinois
“Decent Persian food, good shisha (hooka)!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I was traveling to DC for work last week and my hotel was in Bethesda. I walked past this restaurant on my first day there, and made a note to check it out for dinner.

My co-worker and I arrived for a late dinner. We ordered an appetizer (I don't recall the name, but it was a spinach, garlic and yogurt dip with bread). It was pretty good and we started going through the menu for the main course.

I ordered a custom combo, lamb kabobs and what was supposed to be prime beef kabobs. My buddy got a lamp kabob and vegetables plate.

Food arrived promptly and it looked and smelled good. The beef kabob was chewy, so I am not sure how good that cut of meat really was, however, the lamb was excellent. The comment for my colleague was that his food was a bit dry, and we asked for more yogurt sauce on the side.

We finished the meal with an apple flavored hooka/shisha and some tea in the little outdoor seating area. It was very relaxing, and we truly enjoyed it.

I had better Persian food before, but overall we really enjoyed this experience.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, MD
“Enough food for two to share”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We had the combo kabob platter. We were glad that we decided to split it. Plenty of food for two. Great prices, too.

Visited August 2013
Matthews
“Have to try it”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013 via mobile

Very good food...have to try eggplant appetizer...kabob's meat is soft and tasty...everything is low on sodium..

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“This place is a joke”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

Said that I never had Persian food before I decided to try it out. Saturday 1pm, july 2013, the restaurant is empty... very strange considering all the good reviews and the "Certificate of Excellence 2013", I decided to try it anyway ...big big error.
This has been the worse food I ever had since years, everything looked like it was pre-(over)cooked and just warmed. The white rice was so overcooked you could consider it good to use as a paint or worse a glue. The hummus like everything else had no taste. The tables were filthy and greasy.
The order was taken by a barefaced, cheeky man, at least the guy that brought the drinks was "better".
I'm sorry to say that this luck of quality and neatness can't be considered "a bad day" (admitting that a restaurant can have one), so that, I must think that most of the many good reviews are doubtful.
If you desire a decent 'Libanese or middle Eastern food" better go to the supermarket in Friendship Heights, even the processed hummus there is very, very much better.
And I'm sure of one thing, real Persian food can't be that bad!
Avoid that place at all costs.

• Visited July 2013