“Delicious food, friendly and fast service” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kabob Bazaar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #8 of 296 restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Norfolk Street
Transit: One block from Bethesda Metro station
Somers, New York
“Delicious food, friendly and fast service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

We went here for dinner with some friends. We all enjoyed the food, and the service was fast and friendly. I ordered the fesanjoon, a stew made with pomegranate syrup and ground walnuts. It was really good. I've ordered this dish before at other Persian restaurants, but this was about the best I've had in a restaurant. Most of my friends had various types of kebabs, all of which were good. Prices were quite reasonable, and waiters were very attentive. Overall, a very pleasant dining experience. If you arrive by car, there's lots of of free parking out back, in front of Smoothie King (2 hour limit).

Visited May 2013

87% Recommend
East Coast USA
“It's okay, but top 3 in Bethesda??”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013 via mobile

I am on a mission for objectivity in these ratings. So I tossed away $25 for lunch at Kabob Bazaar. Nice flowers on each table. Very pretty. Curtails the drabness somewhat. Food very average. Tabbouleh was okay. Mixed kabob was bland and overcooked, esp since I ordered extra rare. I have traveled thoughout Turkey, Morocco, Jordan, Israel and Greece multiple times, and can speak to what a good mixed grill can be. in a word, succulent. How this is top 3 in Bethesda speaks to a flawed rating system on T.A. IMHO. Top 50, okay, I'll give you that, but top 3, sorry no way.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Frederick, MD
“Delicious lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

13 May 13: I met a friend for lunch today. It was our first time to Kabob Bazaar. From reading some of the reviews and the very reasonable menu prices, I was expecting a hole-in-the-wall kind of place. I was pleasantly surprised at the interior, which provided a comfortable atmosphere for our lunch.

I ordered the Chicken Soltani combo, which came with one Kubideh (minced meat) and one chicken skewer. I ordered it with rice ($11.75). You can order with bread for $11.25, but why bother? Bread is served at the table with a yogurt dip. My friend had a vegetarian combo, which included a taboli salad, hummus, and falafel patties ($7.45).

Everything was very good. The meat and chicken were tender and flavorful.

I would definitely return here and in fact it would be a great place for a group lunch or dinner party.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland
“Poor quality”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

Very good service. The food was not fresh and the restaurant was not very clean. Meat was over cooked.

• Visited April 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
California
“Very good food, poor service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

The kabobs we ordered were very good. The bread was a little disappointing, since other reviewers really raved about the bread. It was a little dry. The prices were very good. The service was pretty bad, though. We felt ignored and it took forever to get our check. I never understand why restaurants do this.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere