“First time visit, delicious food!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Kabob Bazaar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #25 of 299 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Persian
Dining options: Delivery
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Norfolk Street
Transit: One block from Bethesda Metro station
Greensboro, North Carolina
“First time visit, delicious food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

We came across this restaurant and decided to try it. We had delicious bread with raw greens and yogurt sauce. It was hard to decide what to choose, but we ordered the Chenjeh Soltani with rice and it was delicious. They have a huge menu and daily specials. We will go back again the next time we are in the area. Highly recommend!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

New York City, New York
“Solid Persian in the city of Bethesda”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Quality food in a fine atmosphere with very good service. I ate the house soup - some type of lentil with dumplings - good stuff. They brought me a big basket of bread with a bunch of raw greens and yogurt sauce - alright! For a main, I ate a lamb/chicken kebab combo with salad - my only complaint is that the salad was overdressed and that left a good deal of liquid on the plate.

All in all - solid choice...

T'man '12

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Severn, Maryland
“Surprisingly Good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

We actually ordered carry-out from here - it was very good, particularly the kabobs! There was more food than I expected, & it tasted almost as good the next day. I'd eat here again, except that I think I'd eat in next time.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Southeastern,Pa
“More than expected”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

The outside of this place looks like any tacky little fast food kabob house in any city. The interior was closer to upscale casual than fast food. The smells were so enticing. The service was impeccable. At moments we had 3 servers simultaneously filling our water, placing bread on the table and delivering drinks and we were on ly two people! The food was so fresh and delicious. It was well priced and cooked to order. For authentic and delicious Persian quisine, I recommend highly. My husband had a lamb and beef plate with rice and I had lamb with salad preceded by the soup of the day which was pumpkin with chicken. Yum! Go!

Visited November 2012
Parkland, Florida
“Very good appetizers”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012

We went for an early dinner and we were pleased. The hummus appetizer was phenomenal - highly recommended. We also ordered stuffed grape leaves which were among the best I have ever eaten - served warm and very delicious. The bread left a little to be desired - it was a bit dry. I get that they toast it and it isn't supposed to be super soft, but it kind of tasted old. The entrees were of mixed taste. My kids shared the ground meat kabob and a caesar salad and said they were excellent. My husband ordered the cornish hen kabob and said it was ok, not great. I think he prefers something more flavorful (it seemed bland if you judge by the amount of salt he used). My daughter and I each got the chicken breast kabob - if I had realized how much food it was, we probably would have shared. It too was nothing special - you could see it was quality food, large vegetables and large pieces of chicken, but it was also bland. I felt like I needed to add a sauce. Still, it was reasonably priced and the hummus was so authentic. I would go back for that and for the grape leaves, but that's about it. Also, there is no kids menu so be prepared if that is something that is important to you. Mine did OK due to the flexibility with the side dishes (my son wanted a salad and my daughter wanted the ground beef, so they were able to make it into one dish).

• Visited October 2012