“Had a great time!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Food Wine and Co.

Food Wine and Co.
7272 Wisconsin Ave., Bethesda, MD 20814
Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Food Wine and Co. is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 286 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: French, American, Contemporary, Bistro, International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Validated Parking, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Bethesda Metro
maryland
“Had a great time!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

I was part of a group of 8 that enjoyed dinner recently at F&W. It was on a Friday night, so the place was quite busy. That said, the service was outstanding all night long, and the food was very good. To start, we had the tater tots, artichokes and a pizza. I think everyone ordered a different main course, including various specials (lamb, rabbit, monkfish). We shared a couple of desserts. At the end of the night, the total bill came out to about $150 per couple to include all food, drinks, tips etc. A lot of that was drinks. If we cut back on the booze, the price would have been considerably lower. All in all, a great night and definitely a place I'd recommend.

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“I can never decide how much I really like this place.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have been there a few times now and can't decide if it is a neat, neighborhood place with a nice beer list and some fun food, or if it is a crowded, over-hyped, trendy place that I am going to get sick of sooner rather than later. Always crowded, so make reservations or go early to get a spot at the bar. The food never quite ends up as being as good as I think it should be. Most recently we had the tator tots, deviled eggs, and 30 min chicken. The tator tots were good, but could have been a bit crispier, the deviled eggs were blah and the chicken was juicy but too salty. I will probably give the place a couple of more tries because I want to like it, but we'll see. There are better places to go in Bethesda.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
maryland
“Keep forgetting to review this great restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I live in the immediate area and have been to FW&C many times for lunch and (mostly) dinner. The food is consistently great and the service is usually very good also ( twice not so much with very inattentive service). Decor is nice without being pretentious, noise level is energetic. Semi-private room in the back area is gorgeous and perfect for small parties.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Charlotte
“Friendly Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

We happened into Food Wine &Co for lunch mid afternoon. The decor was beautiful and service was great. The ham and cheese sandwich ($10) served with hand cut chips was amazing, Cuban Sandwich ($12) was excellent as well! We would definitely return to eat here next time we are in DC.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Bethesda, Maryland, United States
“Great atmosphere. Nice wine list.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

I recently had dinner at this local restaurant, and was wowed by its transformation from the former pizza joint that had previously occupied the space. Lively and attractive, it offers a great wine list and environment for enjoying it.

In all fairness to Food Wine and Co., I have a gluten allergy, so my assessment is a bit skewed from those able to enjoy the pizza and burgers. I had wanted the chicken, but was informed that it would take 45 minutes to prepare...while I certainly appreciate the "roasted to order" concept, I was just too hungry to wait and opted for the pork steak. This arrived beautifully plated, and while the flavor was nice, the meat was a bit too fatty and tough. Perfectly paired with amazing roasted sweet potato and a delightful kale and goat cheese salad, I was able to get enough to eat.

The dessert menu was mouth-watering, combining flavors that begged sampling. But, when I reiterated to the server that I had a gluten allergy, I was a bit taken aback when he responded "You could always cheat." I say this only because of other GF diners that may want to take extra precautions that their server truly understands food allergies and the repercussions.

• 3 of 5 stars Food