“Just okay”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Elm Street
Description: This is American Regional Cuisine at its classic, pub-inspired best. The food is fun and what we like to call “approachable”. You’ll also enjoy some twists on the classics with taste-inspired ideas like our Dirty Caesar Salad and Greek Turkey Burger. At the American Tap Room we believe in using local ingredients as much as possible and, yes, everything we serve goes well with beer. Ranging from weekend brunch, to a casual lunch outing or an after-work gathering in our bar, each dining experience is uniquely enjoyable. Enjoy your time with us on our outdoor patio, inside by the fireplace, or by booking an event in our private room.
Reserve with OpenTable
Update
The time you selected has already passed.

53% Recommend
There are newer reviews for American Tap Room
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States
“Just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

This was our first visit. The atomosphere was nice and we sat by the window which is great as i love to people watch.
Service was just okay, our server was not very attentive and it wasnt very busy.
I had the dirty ceasar salad which was really good. We also tried the Fried Devil eggs as an app. I didnt hate them, but not sure that I would try them again.
We would go back again, try a different appetizer, maybe a burger.

• Visited February 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Elwood, New Jersey, United States
“Come Hungry!~”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This is really a neat restaurant ~! They have glowing menus! To start off, you are given and huge warm soft pretzel with 2 dips, (you get to choose your flavors) the portions are HUGE! The salad I recommend is the chopped salad! The bowl your salad comes in for one person, is the same size serving bowl I use on the table home for 4~!! I had the flat iron steak, it was out of this world! The flavors were remarkable, and it was cooked to perfection! I had the apple cobbler for desert, and it was outstanding! It's beautiful inside, and the staff is very friendly. It's clean, the food is delicious, the staff is wonderful, but it is very pricey. Dinner for two was $75, but SO worth it!

Visited February 2013
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good atmosphere, decent food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

This was our first time visiting this restaurant. Main reason for choosing it was it had Saturday brunch, whereas most others in Bethesda seemed to only have it on Sundays. Interior was quite attractive, high ceilings, large bar in the center of the main dining room. We arrived at around 1:30 pm and the place was a little over half full, busy enough without being overly noisy or crowded. Had a table by the window - great for people watching. The brunch menu was one of the more extensive I’d seen, and had some interesting omelet selections – such as sausage and shrimp, which we had as well as a salmon eggs benedict, both quite good. The home fries however were a bit too chunky. Service was attentive and prompt. At one point the manager came over to say hi and see how things were going, which was a nice touch. Have since noticed that reviews on TA are mixed – would say that this is not where you would expect to get a gourmet meal, but as pub food go it’s pretty decent (a solid 3.5 star rating). Will definitely keep it in mind as a good brunch option.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Eh”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

My cousin chose this place and I was hesitant since it only had 2.5 stars on Yelp. But I went on her review that the food really was good. I can now say "eh". It wasn't all that and neither was the service. Chicken and waffles...I've had better. Appetizers that come out with the entrees...really?!? And it all started with the hostess standing in the front mean mugging everyone that walked in. I was tempted to ask her what was wrong because she couldn't even crack a smile when she sat us. Our waitress want bad though but others (busboys, managers) could use a little more customer service training. Not planning on a re-attempt.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Silver Spring, Maryland
“A fun girls night!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

What a fun girls night! The dirty caesar was amazing. We wished we had more. The burgers were perfect. My friend made the mistake of ordering the fish though, she should have stuck with the burger b/c that's what they specialize in - bar food. The beer was cold and kept coming, the pretzels were great. We will definitely return. The hostesses were a little clueless though. They didn't know where to direct our friend when she walked in. They need to have a better supervising manager b/c they were basically blind leading the blind.

• Visited November 2012