“After a long time, gave it another chance & glad we did” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery
Bethesda, MD
“After a long time, gave it another chance & glad we did”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Went a couple times just after they opened and was not impressed. Tried again recently and things have improved. Alina was our server and she was great. My wife loved the grilled calamari which is a pleasant change from the typically fried cephalopods. A horiatiki salad was the right temperature though I'd bet the tomatoes were not Campari's as billed on the menu. Feta was a little mild and could have used more purple onion. The half chicken was good enough and Opa fries (with feta) were cooked right.

• Visited November 2012

70% Recommend
Media, Pennsylvania
“very good gyro”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

recent lunch. has the gyro. very good. made with real meat, not processed. a bit pricey, but thats d.c. for you.

• Visited November 2012
Durham, North Carolina
“Interesting Selections for a Fast Food Joint”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I had the Lamb Burger Platter and an order of the Opa Fries. I also asked and paid for the Roasted Vegetable Orzo Platter, which I never received. Because I ordered delivery to my hotel during Hurricane Sandy, I decided not to make a big fuss about the Vegetable Platter.

The Lamb Burger was decent. The Opa Fries were plentiful, however there was nothing special about them. Stringy, greasy fries with a ton of feta cheese on top. Heartburn Heaven.

Due to the storm, I will give credit to the delivery driver that made his way to the hotel. Because of this, I gave Yamas an Average rating. Otherwise, I would give them a Poor rating, especially because they forgot to bring me an item that I ordered.

• Visited October 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
bethesda, md
“decent sit down fast food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

better than a fast food place, but not as good or special as a sit down restaurant. Salads are fresh and tasty. we typically grab something to go and sit in the park.

Visited August 2012
Key West, Florida
“Fabulous hummus, fresh salads and savory gyros”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

Our waitress was patient and brought the food quickly as we were starving. Hummus was definitely homemade and whole wheat pita fresh. Loved the gyro which was a combination of beef and lamb and very tasty and enough for 2 people. Reasonably priced and clean.

• Visited August 2012