“Great location but tired/dated rooms” 3 of 5 stars

DC Sightseeing Package
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great location but tired/dated rooms”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2014

There were some nice features to this hotel - easy parking, friendly front desk staff, a welcome bag upon arrival with bottled water and snacks, and a great location in downtown Bethesda.

Unfortunately the room smelled like a fragrance had been sprayed to cover up a musty odor. Also, the furnishings themselves looked a little tired/dated, and I could hear some street noise. Overall, I didn't have a terrible experience, but I am not sure if I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Westfield, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

Loved this hotel. Very close to the train so I could walk. Love the fireplace in the lobby where I waited with my book for my ride. Business center very convenient and the room itself was extremely inviting and comfortable. I recommended this to my family for future stays bc my siser's house is too small for all of us.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

A TripAdvisor Member
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

the location of this Hilton is great however i did not get good service. esspecially when it came to parking. I was talked to badly as the garage was under contsruction and the key to let u in and out did not work.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Austin, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Great location in Bethesda: couple minute walk to Metro station and few minute walk to the main drag with a dozen or so restaurants.

I appreciate the friendliness of the hotel staff and how welcoming they are of their guests.

While the price was definitely right, but I was turned off by two key factors: the overwhelming musty smell in my room and the fact that I could hear (clearly) the conversations of the folks in rooms to either side of me. If my stay had been more than one night, I would've called to inquire about switching to a different room.

I appreciate that the manager followed up with my after my stay. The excellent location combine with the great rates will likely lead to me giving this Garden Inn another shot.

The OC, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2014

Stayed in Bethesda this past fall for a business trip: I'm an IT guy, and we needed to update a bunch of computers in our Bethesda office. Being only 4 blocks away, it was a great choice.

The things that most impressed me were the cleanliness, the service, and the location. The hotel is only a block from the main drag in Bethesda, Wisconsin Ave. There are over 200 restaurants within walking distance, and my only regret is that I did not have enough time to try them all. It was convenient enough to eat breakfast in the hotel, which was a bit pricey, but very well done and tasty. They had everything you wanted at the breakfast buffet: Eggs, breakfast meats, waffle station, potatoes, cereal, yogurt, bagels, and a choice of juices. I was able to load up on carbs for my long days in the office.

The hotel is only two blocks from the metro stop, so you can take the Metro into DC if needed. As mentioned, you can walk to dozens of restaurants, which we did. If I were to come back for a vacation, I think I'd stay in Bethesda and take the Metro into town to see the sights, then come back to Bethesda for dinner.

All contacts with the staff were excellent, and our needs were taken care of. They even held my luggage on my last day of work, so I was able to get some work done at the office, then come back and pick up my luggage and meet my shuttle for the airport. Well done, one and all!

Room Tip: Very little street noise, so no worries about room location.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Chanelle L, Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
Dear DisneyKahuna,

Thank you so much for your kind remarks and sharing your experience at the Hilton Garden Inn Bethesda. We really appreciate your in depth comments.

The Hilton Garden Inn Bethesda has one of the largest buffets in the Bethesda area. In addition to the food offered on the buffet, cooked-to-order items such as omelets, breakfast sandwiches, and french toast are also available and included in the price of the buffet.

We have a great package that would be perfect for your DC tour trip. Book our DC Sightseeing package which includes Big Bus tour tickets, metro passes, and more for your vacation getaway. Please feel free to contact me directly with assistance.

We look forward to your return to the hotel.

wasbt-ds@hilton.com
Fincastle, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2014

I stay at a lot of hotels and the devil is in the details. Whether it's a noisy room, a carpet stain, a loose shower fitting or some other tiny thing that leaves an impression that folks are not paying attention to the customers or the facility - I have not found that here. The staff are pleaseant, the rooms are darn near perfect and the breakfast bar is well appointed and clean. It's quiet and just steps away from the metro and great restaurants. You just can't beat this hotel for value, service and convienence.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Chanelle L, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
Dear David,

Thank you for your much appreciated comments. The Hilton Garden Inn Bethesda staff works hard to consistently provide our guests above and beyond service. I am so happy to hear that we were able to meet those expectations during your stays with us.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to your return.

wasbt_ds@hitlon.com
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2014

Spent a week here on business. The staff are excellent. The rooms are clean and well appointed. Location is 3 blocks from metro. Lots of restaurants within walking distance. For 150 a night I was very pleased. I've tried to stay here other times and the prices were alot higher and I didn't feel it was worth it. But if you can get a good price under 200-- you will be very pleased.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Chanelle L, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Carbonbeing:

Thank you so much for sharing your experience about your recent stay. I am so glad that we was able to have you as our guest. We look forward to your return in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly for assistance with future reservations.

Best regards,
Chanelle Laws

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda? Share your experiences!