“High quality” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Cincinnati
“High quality”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2013

Dependable Hilton quality with a value. Very clean rooms and comfy bed. Good location - just 3 blocks from lots of nice restaurants and within 2 blocks of Metro station. Bonus of free internet if a Hilton Honors member.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Ocala, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2013

We found the hotel very convenient and comfortable. The staff was accommodating and helpful. They resolved our problems quickly and satisfactorily. We liked being able to walk to restaurants and the Metro. We would return whenever we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

The Hilton Garden Inn in Bethesda provided us with a great stay during our nephew's wedding weekend. The location is terrific -- close to the metro and walking distance to shops and restaurants. We had a lot of functions and activities while we were there, and the hotel location and staff made everything very easy and stress-free. Our room was a good size, very clean and fresh, with nice amenities like a fridge and an iron. We arrived during a heavy rain, but stayed dry because of the connected parking garage -- nice after a long drive. It's also easy to find, for out-of-towners like us, and the neighborhood felt very safe and was not noisy at all. Very reasonable too, but it's paid parking.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Damascus, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed for one night only at the Hilton Garden Inn. I actually work in Bethesda, and I had to attend a two-day Board of Directors meeting that included a late-night dinner on the first night. Thus, the overnight stay at the Hilton Garden Inn. It is a one-block walk from my office, so I left my car in the office parking garage and can't tell you how much it costs to park your car at the hotel.

However, the hotel is only a few blocks from the Metro subway line, and being in the heart of Bethesda, you have literally hundreds of restaurants of every kind of cuisine, amazing shops, and every kind of convenience (dry cleaners, movies, drug stores, beer/wine/liquore stores, post office, etc.) within walking distance. So you probably don't need a car, even if you want to go into DC, Virginia, or further north in Maryland.

The hotel itself has a lot of conveniences for the traveler: there is a small bar, which I was given a free drink coupon to go to but didn't use. There is a small convenience store (more like a very large vending machine) with many items you could want. When checking in, I was given a gift bag with two bottles of water, a bag of pretzels and a bag or nuts/dried fruit. I forgot my toothpaste and tooth brush, and they gave me the toothpaste for free and charged me $2 for the tooth brush. I didn't mind, because I didn't want to run out somewhere to buy a toothbrush for even more (hey, the hotel charged less!)

The staff is very, very nice, by the way.

The room I stayed in was large, had two queen beds, a desk/chair, a dresser with a large screen TV, a smallish closet with a safe, and a large bathroom with plenty of counterspace. I especially liked having a roomy fridge and coffee maker with a selection of coffee and teas.

I stayed on the 13th floor (I stayed here in March 2013 for the same reason and stayed on the 2nd floor that time. In both instances, the room was quiet, the bed comfie, and I slept great.

I used the gym this time. It is pretty small and was very warm. I didn't mind because I like to sweat during my workouts, but it might be too hot for others. I think it's because the gym adjoins the small pool area. The pool really isn't big enough for someone to do laps for a workout.

The equipment included an elliptical, two treadmills, a weight machine that had various cables for different arm/leg exercises, a full set of free weights going up to 50 lbs., a few mats. There were also towels, a water cooler, and handi wipes.

I worked out from 5 - 5:45 a.m. on the elliptical and then got a mat to do some floor work, but at about 6 a.m., people started coming in and it was crowded and at max capacity with 6 people in there.

Check in was easy, and check out was just as easy, with the bill slipped under the door and the keys left on the dresser.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We came to town for a wedding and stayed 2 nights at this hotel. Everyone we encountered was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great location and it is so easy to walk to restaurants and to get to the metro station. The room was very comfortable and super clean. I would stay here again and again. I love this hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Clean, friendly and close to several places and restaurants. Staff was great and very accommodating. Would consider this hotel as a first when returning to the area. Thanks again Hilton for offering world class customer service!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Chevy Chase, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

Of course a Hilton is not the Ritz or the Pierre, but the staff can make you feel better than there, with their attentive kindness, effective care and service (all is always clean and in order). Reception helps (incl. on IT issues when you do not how to print stuff!), house keeping is discrete but thorough and flexible, restaurant is excellent value for money. I was on business, but with my family. So I could experience the full spectrum of services, and for a month!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda? Share your experiences!