Stayed one night while on business in the area. My room on the 12th floor has a slight mildew smell. I asked to try another room and they showed me a room on the 9th floor that also had the smell so I stayed in the current room. I took a 24 hour antihistamine and managed OK in the room but I will leave a day early and go stay near the airport tonight. I got the govt rate at $224 per night. The breakfast was the high point of my stay. They have absolutely everything at the breakfast - fresh pineapple, omelets, the regular eggs were outstanding, sauage patties, all kinds of donuts, waffles, cereal, really everything one could think of. Even hot oatmeal. The coffee was OK. Service was prompt. The gym is spartan. There is one elliptical and the strips on the handlebars are worn off. Of course this is the most popular machine so someone was using it when I showed up for my morning workout. There are two treadmills as well but the one I used did not have a working heart monitor. The gym equipment clearly needs attention. They were also missing one of the 5 lb free weights. My room was OK, nothing special and there were some cleaning issues. The coffee pot was not well cleaned and one of the mugs needed better cleaning. Also the room was not defeathered as requested upon checkin despite the front desk telling me it had been done. For the rate I am paying compared to other properties - especially that many full service hotels have the government rate right now - I don't think it was such a good value to stay at this property. I was surprised to see these problems given that this hotel is so highly ranked on tripadvisor. I would rank it lower.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Washington Dc / Bethesda Hotel Bethesda
- Hilton Garden Inn Washington Dc / Bethesda Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A chic, sexy, and entirely new downtown Bethesda hotel near the Metro. The Hilton Garden Inn Bethesda. Only one block from the Bethesda Metrorail station and two miles outside Washington DC. Step inside and soak up an ambiance equally abuzz with urban energy. Adorned in glass, with artful lighting and sleek lines, the airy two-story lobby offers an inspiring alternative to the typical Bethesda hotels near the Metro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.