“Great Place to stay near DC” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Bethesda
Yorktown, Virginia
“Great Place to stay near DC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

Over all a great stay. Close to Metro for easy access to DC. Hotel breakfast was good but overpriced @ $15.00. Staff was friendly and helpful. Room/Bathroom was clean. Loved the fact that we had free Wifi and internet acess in our room. We did not get to use pool and spa due to our schedule.Would stay again if in area

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

363 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Durham, NC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I was staying with my husband and two children. The kids loved the cookies and popcorn in the lobby at the end of the day and the hot chocolate in the lobby in the morning. We avoided the breakfast because it seemed ridiculously overpriced (but aren't all non-gratis hotel breakfasts?) The hours of the pool were a bit odd (5-10PM, weekdays), but the kids were thrilled they got to swim at all, given that is was early March and COLD outside. The location was just right for us - close to a metro stop with restaurants and shops within easy walking distance. The one MAJOR downside was the mildew smell in the room. It was most pronounced when first entering, and since none of us are really sensitive to it, we didn't fret. However, I could see it being a major issue for some.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Copenhagen, Denmark
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Rated as 3 star, but probably higher in my opinion. Good value, best for business travellers as recreation facilities are not the best. Breakfast is okay, but staff are over-attentive; it's a bit like they are doing this in order to get a tip at the end, though that may be an American thing, not just this hotel.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed there for meetings. The conference space is ok, the management is great and very accommodating. There are a lot of good restaurants within easy access, many within walking distance. There is pay parking in an adjoining parking structure. No shuttle service from Reagan International Airport.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Fort Collins, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

Well, it's not really hidden. It's a relatively new property a block off Wisconsin Avenue, about a 5 minute walk from the Bethesda Metro stop. It's nicely priced relative to the somewhat staid, dated hotel atop the Metro stop. And its location keeps it quieter than other hotels along Wisconsin.

It has its own restaurant, but there are scores of other dining choices within a 15 minute walk of the hotel; two of these are nationally known steak houses just around the corner.

The hotel has no weaknesses: it's nicely appointed, rooms are a generous size, wi-fi is free and robust, there is a restaurant and lounge, the staff are friendly and competent, rooms have good sound proofing, and the price is reasonable (for Washington, anyway). The Red Line can get downtown within 15 minutes. For those who care, the NIH campus is one Metro stop away.

It's my second time there in four months and both stays were very pleasant. I hope to be back.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My usual Bethesda was booked, so I tried this one. I loved it. Since I lived in Bethesda for years, I knew exactly where it was located and felt, for the price, I could walk the block or so to the metro. It's a safe walk. They also have parking. It is very reasonably price. During my first stay, I booked the second trip. I stayed a third time. I didn't even check the price of my usual hotel. With my March trip, I booked again at this place.

The rooms were clean. They had a nice bathroom. They are updated and modern. Spacious too. Mine had a rather large TV, a desk, a chair with an ottoman, and a king size bed. They have a nice fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Since it is a block off of Wisconsin, there is little city noise.

The staff was very nice. I do believe they have a decent breakfast. I tend to prefer just a bagel and coffee. But, they do have a full-buffet set up and it looks nice. At night, they had cookies in the lobby. They always had water, ice tea, and coffee. The front desk staff can answer any questions I asked. There is a nice selection of food in their small store area. They have a restaurant too.

The only thing is I don't like the pool/hot tub area. The keys never worked on the entrance. Also, it is only open in the evenings and many people don't use it. The life guard is nice, but he did watch me disrobe. It happened twice. I came down wearing my swimsuit, a pair of shorts, and a t-shirt. He would watch me take off the shorts and t-shirt. I didn't like that, so i didn't use the hot tub the third time. I'm debating using it during this upcoming visit.

They do have free printing from your room. You have to go into the business center to retrieve the documents. There is free wi-fi/internet.

I don't care for the beds. That's a chain-wide issue. They are suppose to be able to adjust, but they don't.

The hallways are brightly lite. The elevators are large. The parking garage is OK. They turn your room key into a parking pass. That is OK, but the one morning I had problems with the swipe key reader and had to use the other key. I got out, but the guy behind me was rather impatient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed here one night on business. Rooms were clean and spacious. I was a bit disappointed that my window was adjacent to the top floor of the parking garage, which concerned me about safety, but I had no trouble. The hotel service was pleasant. The location was very convenient for my visit to NIH. Overall a good value, with typical Hilton hospitality. I would stay there again

• Stayed February 2013

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda? Share your experiences!