My usual Bethesda was booked, so I tried this one. I loved it. Since I lived in Bethesda for years, I knew exactly where it was located and felt, for the price, I could walk the block or so to the metro. It's a safe walk. They also have parking. It is very reasonably price. During my first stay, I booked the second trip. I stayed a third time. I didn't even check the price of my usual hotel. With my March trip, I booked again at this place.
The rooms were clean. They had a nice bathroom. They are updated and modern. Spacious too. Mine had a rather large TV, a desk, a chair with an ottoman, and a king size bed. They have a nice fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Since it is a block off of Wisconsin, there is little city noise.
The staff was very nice. I do believe they have a decent breakfast. I tend to prefer just a bagel and coffee. But, they do have a full-buffet set up and it looks nice. At night, they had cookies in the lobby. They always had water, ice tea, and coffee. The front desk staff can answer any questions I asked. There is a nice selection of food in their small store area. They have a restaurant too.
The only thing is I don't like the pool/hot tub area. The keys never worked on the entrance. Also, it is only open in the evenings and many people don't use it. The life guard is nice, but he did watch me disrobe. It happened twice. I came down wearing my swimsuit, a pair of shorts, and a t-shirt. He would watch me take off the shorts and t-shirt. I didn't like that, so i didn't use the hot tub the third time. I'm debating using it during this upcoming visit.
They do have free printing from your room. You have to go into the business center to retrieve the documents. There is free wi-fi/internet.
I don't care for the beds. That's a chain-wide issue. They are suppose to be able to adjust, but they don't.
The hallways are brightly lite. The elevators are large. The parking garage is OK. They turn your room key into a parking pass. That is OK, but the one morning I had problems with the swipe key reader and had to use the other key. I got out, but the guy behind me was rather impatient.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Garden Inn Washington Dc / Bethesda Hotel Bethesda
- Hilton Garden Inn Washington Dc / Bethesda Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A chic, sexy, and entirely new downtown Bethesda hotel near the Metro. The Hilton Garden Inn Bethesda. Only one block from the Bethesda Metrorail station and two miles outside Washington DC. Step inside and soak up an ambiance equally abuzz with urban energy. Adorned in glass, with artful lighting and sleek lines, the airy two-story lobby offers an inspiring alternative to the typical Bethesda hotels near the Metro. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Agoda, Hotels.com, Olotels, Expedia, Priceline, getaroom.com, Hotwire, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.