“I stayed here three times in January and just booked again for March” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda

Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“I stayed here three times in January and just booked again for March”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

My usual Bethesda was booked, so I tried this one. I loved it. Since I lived in Bethesda for years, I knew exactly where it was located and felt, for the price, I could walk the block or so to the metro. It's a safe walk. They also have parking. It is very reasonably price. During my first stay, I booked the second trip. I stayed a third time. I didn't even check the price of my usual hotel. With my March trip, I booked again at this place.

The rooms were clean. They had a nice bathroom. They are updated and modern. Spacious too. Mine had a rather large TV, a desk, a chair with an ottoman, and a king size bed. They have a nice fridge, microwave, and coffee maker. Since it is a block off of Wisconsin, there is little city noise.

The staff was very nice. I do believe they have a decent breakfast. I tend to prefer just a bagel and coffee. But, they do have a full-buffet set up and it looks nice. At night, they had cookies in the lobby. They always had water, ice tea, and coffee. The front desk staff can answer any questions I asked. There is a nice selection of food in their small store area. They have a restaurant too.

The only thing is I don't like the pool/hot tub area. The keys never worked on the entrance. Also, it is only open in the evenings and many people don't use it. The life guard is nice, but he did watch me disrobe. It happened twice. I came down wearing my swimsuit, a pair of shorts, and a t-shirt. He would watch me take off the shorts and t-shirt. I didn't like that, so i didn't use the hot tub the third time. I'm debating using it during this upcoming visit.

They do have free printing from your room. You have to go into the business center to retrieve the documents. There is free wi-fi/internet.

I don't care for the beds. That's a chain-wide issue. They are suppose to be able to adjust, but they don't.

The hallways are brightly lite. The elevators are large. The parking garage is OK. They turn your room key into a parking pass. That is OK, but the one morning I had problems with the swipe key reader and had to use the other key. I got out, but the guy behind me was rather impatient.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Wilmington, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

Stayed here one night on business. Rooms were clean and spacious. I was a bit disappointed that my window was adjacent to the top floor of the parking garage, which concerned me about safety, but I had no trouble. The hotel service was pleasant. The location was very convenient for my visit to NIH. Overall a good value, with typical Hilton hospitality. I would stay there again

• Stayed February 2013
NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here on a college visit to Washington, DC for two nights. Front desk staff was helpful and pleasant. The room was clean and spacious. Parking in the attached garage was a breeze ($15 per day, which is reasonably-priced for the DC area). The business center is well-equipped (free printing too). Even though there are many restaurants nearby, we ate dinner in the restaurant both evenings. Waitress Carol Ann is great and the veggie quesadilla is delicious! The bed firmness is adjustable to your own preference!

Room Tip: Pool & fitness center are both on second floor.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Clean, newly remodeled near metro... Can't beat the price... Everything from the business center to the gym has been well thought out & priced accordingly... Only wish they would have filled the mini bar... I never like having to use their pantry

• Stayed February 2013
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

Great place to stay in downtown Bethesda. Hotel is clean, modern and comfortable. Staff are also friendly and helpful. The hotel is a block walk to the Metro and close to great dining choices. Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We used this hotel for enjoying a day in Washington DC and also to attend a wedding nearby. It was perfect. The staff were friendly and most helpful. The hotel was very clean and the rooms were updated, comfortable and spotless. The location on Waverly Street helped as it was quiet and we had not road noise. Would definitely recommend and would stay there again.

Room Tip: We had a king room on 5th floor and heard no noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Clean, convenient location, a bit over priced but comfortable. The pool was under maintenance which was a bummer because, that's how I exercise. Coffee in the reception and in the room is nice although the coffee could be a lot better. Good workspace, plenty of room ... I'd stay here again ... Leslie Fox, Sacramento, CA

Room Tip: I was in 802, end of the corridor and it was quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda? Share your experiences!