“Convenient and Good Beds” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
Tucson
“Convenient and Good Beds”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This hotel is about a block away from the Bethesda Metro station and so is very convenient to get to on public transportation- 5 bucks from DCA instead of $35 cab ride. Hotel itslef is not fancy, but has adjustable firmness bed. Bar is small but only modestly overpriced- OK by DC standards.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Boston, MA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I booked my reservation for 2 adjoining rooms 8 weeks ago. I Just received a phone call, at 8:17 pm, the eve before my stay, that the hotel could not accommodate my request for adjoining rooms. Therefore, I needed to scramble and find a hotel that could accommodate me.

• Stayed November 2012
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn Bethesda (Downtown Bethesda, MD) in November 2012. It is about 2.5 blocks from the Bethesda Metro Station (red line). The front desk staff was very pleasant and helpful. When I checked in, I did receive a complimentary 10% off room service which I did not use.

Parking is adjacent to the hotel, but is owned by a different company. The overnight price is $15. It seems safe as the entrance to the hotel is also in this garage.
I, however, did not park here. I decided to park in the public garage which is a block away from the hotel as it only cost me less than $5 (all in coins).

They do have a restaurant in the hotel called the Great American Grill. It is opened in the evening for dinner and in the morning for breakfast. I did not eat dinner there, but I did have breakfast which was about $15, but it is for buffet and they do have a lot of choices like different juices and milk, pastry, muffin, donut, fruits like cantaloupe, melon and strawberry, yogurt, cereal, toast (they did have different types of bread), bagel, sausage, potatoes, scrambled eggs, hash browns, tatter tots, tea and coffee. The hotel also has something called a Pavilion which is next to the front desk and it is opened 24 hours/day with little snacks, drinks, gum, etc.

The room I stayed in was very spacious and comfortable (see pictures). It had a big TV, a microwave and a small refrigerator which came in handy. There is also a coffee pot, but I don’t drink coffee. There is also a safe in the closet where you can put your valuables. The bathroom had shampoo, conditioner, lotion, shower cap, and a hair dryer. One of the things I truly loved about this room is that it had a 4 socket plug in the wall, so I didn’t have to plug anything out if I wanted to use any of my items in the room – I wish all hotels had one of those in their rooms. There is also free wifi access as well.

Lastly, another thing I like about this hotel is safety – in order to get to any of the floors (exception is the lobby), you need your key. Love it. I truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel and if I have to stay in Bethesda again, this will be my first choice.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

very good hotel for reasonable price. good food for the breakfast. Comfortable big rooms with everything you need for short stay in Washington area. There is a restaurant on the lobby level. 24 hours mini market on the lobby level. Hotel is located near Bethesda metro station.

Room Tip: I was in room 1016 It was big, comfortable with microwave and fridge
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
South Plainfield, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

Nice facilities, only a couple of blocks from Metro Subway Station. I was on company business and this is their preferred hotel. Too expensive for a personal stay.

Restaurant is a tad pricey, but food was good.

I especially enjoyed the proximity to the shopping / restaurant district, about 3 blocks away. Lots of restaurants and shops including a very large Apple Store.

• Stayed September 2012
Severn, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for a quick weekend getaway that was near DC. The hotel is located a block from the Bethesda Metro station, making for a quick trip into Washington, and is located near many restaurants of all types. The area feels safe as well. The hotel itself is well maintained, & the room, with a king bed, was a decent size. The rooms include a coffeemaker, microwave, & small refrigerator. The check-in was fast, & the employees were courteous, letting us know how to get in & out of the parking garage, as well as the breakfast hours. It should be noted that, if you don't get a package/special rate, that parking is $15/day, and, if you choose to eat breakfast in the restaurant, it is $14.95 before taxes/tip. Everything met my expectations; the only reason I couldn't give a 5 was the way the room was done - housekeeping failed to supply us with enough linens, and the coffee wasn't refilled. I also felt a bit rushed at breakfast the first morning, even though the restaurant wasn't full, and wasn't closing for a while. I have to agree with a previous poster that the cable selection left a bit to be desired. Overall, it was a good experience, & I would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is my third stay here, and as always the check-in and out process was efficient and quick. When I had an issue with my air-conditioning making a noise, the response by the engineers was very prompt, and they sorted it out. I have stayed in several other hotels in the area, and find the hilton to be best suited for my needs.

Room Tip: If you have a room only booking, I would suggest you also try breakfast (with reasonable prices) in...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda? Share your experiences!