“Very clean, housekeeping very friendly, had to wait an hour with a newborn and 2 year old to check in.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda

Special Offer
Bed N' Breakfast Deal
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Bethesda
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2012 via mobile

Traveled from Va for wedding. My out of town family was staying here so we did too. My husband and I came with our newborn and toddler. We showed up right around check in (3pm) and we were told the room was not ready. Luckily my mom had already checked in the day before so we had a place to go and wait. The wedding was at 5 and at 4 I was told again the room was still not ready. I basically demanded a room telling the receptionist that I had to be at an event in an hour and I had two kids to get ready. She called her manager and he called around to housekeepers to see if a room was ready. They were able to get us in a room then, it was not next to my mom like I requested and I was super stressed getting us ready in such a rush. The rooms were nice very clean. The housekeeper on our floor was very helpful the next morning bringing us extra toiletries. We were going to have breakfast downstairs but the food looked and smelled gross so we left. On the plus side you had to have a room key to open and operate the elevator. Made me feel a little safer.

• Stayed October 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
upstate NY
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2012 via mobile

Terrific location just a couple blocks from the heart if Bethesda and the Metro station. Very nice rooms. Average bathrooms. Helpful and friendly staff. Unfortunately the pool is only open from 5-10pm on weekdays.
We really enjoyed our stay here.

• Stayed April 2012
Chanelle L, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Thank you for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay. Your feedback is very important to us and I'm glad you had the opportunity to experience our very attactive location to the metro and the many area restaurants. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton Garden Inn Bethesda in the near future.

Thank you for your business.
virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for four nights for a business trip and had a good experience. The hotel is only a 5 minute walk (if that) to the Bethesda metro on the red line and is right in the center of a bunch of great restaurants and cafes. The room was relatively quiet except for rather noisy neighbors above us (try and get a room on the top floor to avoid this problem!) and was spacious. The only big negative was the bed- it was so uncomfortable! They tout having a "sleep number" like bed, but it was so hard even with it turned down to the softest setting. My shoulders and back ached when I woke up in the morning. The breakfast buffet was included in my rate and was okay. Be sure to arrive early in the morning otherwise you will be left with not a lot of selection. All in all, this was a good value hotel in a great location. If I ever needed to attend a conference in DC again I would definitely consider staying here again (despite the few negatives I pointed out.)

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the highest floor to avoid noisy neighbors above you!
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Thank you very much for providing us feedback from your recent stay with us. I'm glad overall we was able to make you a satisfied guest beyond some of the items you mentioned. Our breakfast closes at 10am during the week and 11am on the weekends. If the food is being taken away prior to those closing times, than we will address that immediately. This feedback is very important to us as it allows us to make sure we are delivering excellent service consistently.Please feel free to contact me directly for any assistance with future reservations.

Thanks again for your wonderful comments and we look forward to your return.
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2012

Made reservations here based on tripadvisor reviews. Big, clean room. Great location - walking distance to the Metro, restaurants, shopping, one quick Metro stop to Friendship Heights where there are more restaurants and shopping, and only 15 minute Metro ride to DC.Had an issue with the refrigerator and within 5 minutes of telling the front desk, someone was at our door. (The frig was fine.) The parking garage is next door, with an entrance into the hotel. And my favorite - no valet parking! At the last Bethesda hotel we stayed at we waited forever for our car, and it was damaged by the parkers. And the mattress had two firmness controls for each side, nice! Will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for providing us feedback in regards to your recent stay. I am glad to hear that your experience was a great one. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back to DC in the near future. Please feel free to contact me directly with any assistance for future reservations.

NYC
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012 via mobile

Yes, it is cheap. It is clean(ish, more on that later). But really, that's about it.
We had no expectations and yet it managed to underwhelm us - this being my 21st hotel night in 2012 it had some competition.

1. Check in: I was not able to check us in while my husband was parking because we don't have the same last name. This is how we usually check in and it has never been a problem before that the name on my credit card is not the same.

2. It took my husband well over half an hour to park because of maintenance of the parking structure. He had to drive around and find the other entrance which was less than clearly marked.

3.Turns out the whole parking adventure was $15 plus tax. That info was not readily available when we booked.
Had we known that we would have chosen the deal for $10 more that includes breakfast and parking. But we didn't want the breakfast and thought the parking could hardly be more than $10 as we got there at 10pm on a Saturday night and were leaving at 9 am the following Sunday morning. We were wrong.

4. Though my husband eventually made it to the lobby, we still couldn't check in because the gentleman who had started our procedure had disappeared to look for an empty room for us. There were murmured explanations of a systems problem.

5. Close to 15 minutes went by. All in all check in lasted 45 minutes. We were offered water for our troubles.

6. Our room turned out to be part of a suite. The door between the rooms was less than sound proof and one could quite clearly hear what was going on in the other room.

7. The front desk neglected to inform us that our room was a wheelchair accessible room. Had we been informed we would have preferred another type of room.

8. The toilet had not been thouroughly cleaned (ok, ew).

9. The elevators seem to run less than smoothly, one of them didn't run at all in the morning.

10. To top it all off, we couldn't exit the parking structure because there was no record of our having paid for parking. Once again, we had to wait while this issue was straightened out.

So not really our best hotel experience.

Stayed April 2012
Thank you for taking time to comment on your recent stay with us. I would like to sincerely apologize to you and your family for the poor experience you had with us. The day you checked into the hotel, which from what it sounds like was on a Saturday, was a quite challenging day for the hotel. Our computer systems crashed which was why it took longer than usual to check in to the hotel. Additionally, the management company for our parking garage was doing some preventive maintenance work on the pavements to ensure guest safety. With all these happenings taking place, we clearly failed to be proactive to make sure that you still enjoyed your stay with us. Beyond the technical issues we were having at the hotel, the most imporatant thing to us is to ensure guest satisfacton.

Please contact me directly to assist with any future reservations if you should return to the Bethesda/DC area. I would personally like to welcome you back to the hotel and ensure you are well taken care of.

Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2012

This was a clean, friendly hotel in a good Bethesda location. It is an easy walk to the Bethesda metro station and many good restaurants. The sleep number beds were great. I appreciated the self-park but the garage is tight.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking time to share your comments with us. I'm glad to hear you had a great experience overall. Please feel free to contact me directly to assist with any future reservations.

Springdale, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012 via mobile

My family stayed for a week while on vacation. We were very pleased. The staff was friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean and the beds were comfortable. It was also really quiet, which we appreciated.
The area was fine also, with just a short walk to the metro.
We added the breakfast for all four of us for $10 total per night. We were glad we did. They had a wide variety of items available for breakfast, hot and cold.
The indoor pool was small, but my kids enjoyed it. The lifeguard (strange to have a lifeguard for the small pool) was very nice.
I would absolutely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012
Thank you so much for your positive feedback regarding your recent stay. I appreciate you sharing your experience. Our breakfast is one of the largest buffets in the area. We have a wide variety of items that you may not see at other hotels. I'm glad you and the family had a chance to experience our services.

Thank you for your business and we look forward to your return.

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Washington DC / Bethesda? Share your experiences!