“A nice choice if you are in the middle of downtown Bethesda” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Redwood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #78 of 299 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Transit: The Bethesda Metro station is located only three blocks from the heart of Bethesda Row. Take the red line to Bethesda Metro Center.
Oldsmar, Florida
“A nice choice if you are in the middle of downtown Bethesda”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012 via mobile

Went in for lunch with a group recently. We had 8 and were seated immediately. We had a variety of dishes and the reviews were generally very good. Great review of the Mac and Cheese and Onion Rings as apps even though the Rings were obviously very overlooked and I might have cooked a new batch if I were running the kitchen?
The service was prompt and the menu was small but had several good choices. I had a chopped salad and I have had better looking ones in the past but the grilled chicken breast was tender and cooked perfectly. I did not hear a single complaint from anyone at the table and we got apps, 8 lunches and soda/tea for just over $25 each which I found reasonable for a great location and a nicely designed restaurant. You can find less expensive sure, but this is a little more upscale and the food was good.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC
“Limited Menu but very good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

We were two couples visiing this restaurant last night. Of course being in Bethesda on a Saturday night presents the problems of parking. Once you solve that issure you will find a room, clean and nicely appointed establishment. Drinks were excellent. I ordered the pate appetizer and it was really good. The ladies both ordered trout and both enjoyed it greatly. The uys has the short ribs which were fabulous, melt in your mouth. We ordered the Pris Fix menu for $35.00 which included great desserts. My only advise, watch your drinking. We didn't go overboard but the price of the drinks equaled the meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Pleasant outdoor seating”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Have passed Redwood many times before and always wanted to try it, although the dinner menu seems a bit pricey. The other day we were in Bethesda around lunch time so that was a good opportunity to try it. The weather was nice so we sat outside, very relaxing – there’s a lot of outdoor seating (nice and quiet since it’s a pedestrian area), high bar tables as well as regular ones with umbrellas, tables all set at an angle so you have a lot of space and privacy. We had the fish tacos and fish and chips. The tacos came in very generous portions (3 tacos) with perfectly grilled juicy chunks of fish, everything’s super fresh although the flavor’s a bit bland for my taste. Overall it was a very pleasant experience (4 stars for seating and atmosphere, 3.5 stars for food).

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Douala, Cameroon
“Great food, Excellent service.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I have been to Redwood before and have had mixed experiences. The food has always been good but not always great. The service has sometimes been an issue. This last time though, it was simply perfect.

I took my mom to Redwood for her birthday dinner. She owns a catering business so she is quite food savvy. She was thrilled and so was I.

The food was so fresh! It felt like they had just picked the vegetables. The main salmon and beef salad were divine.

The service was so good. The server's timing was perfect. She was available without being intrusive. Made great recommendations.

The only slightly negative point was that I did mention my mother's birthday when I made the reservation but they did not seem to remember so I had to tell the server.

Overall my best dining experience in the month of August 2012!

Visited August 2012
North Bethesda, Maryland
“On the best of Bethesda”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2012

Definetely a very nice place inside or in the terrace and food is absolutely great, salads are delicious and any other choice of the menu will make a wonderful meal.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere