“Great Bar Food.” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Outdoor seating
D.C.
“Great Bar Food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

I used to cringe when people wanted me to meet them at Caddies... I'd find any excuse not to go. But my last visit taught me a lesson. I was slapped in the face with the shame of being a biased food snob. Shame on me!

Nachos:
I can't remember when I've been so excited about nachos... maybe when I was in elementary school and first experienced those round bulk chips with fake pump cheese in a square corner of a plastic tray (not a food snob back then). But Caddie's nachos are far from that... My friends ordered their usual nachos which was a generous portion of Crispy baked thin chips piled with cheese, sour cream, and guac. Surprisingly, you can order them with seasoned tender pulled chicken breast pieces as well as black bean dip AND meaty chili - both of which were fabulous (ask for them on the side)

Tots: The tater tots with bacon were also so crisp and generously heaped onto a large plate with ranch on the side. Wow.

Club Sandwich with side salad: Surprisingly, the bread was perfectly buttered and toasted and the salad was standard but fresh.

I drank miller lite (ick) to "negate" the Nachos and tater tots -- it makes perfect sense... trust me.

But there are craft beers and ciders on tap. My hubby's Macallan on the rocks was very generous. He barely finished it.

Ambience - sports bar and the crowd can get kinda rowdy on the weekends.

Service - our waitress was great... granted, we were her only table but she was very friendly and attentive.

I'm now a converted fan.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

63% Recommend
Bethesda, Maryland
“Sports of All Sorts”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

They say that you eat with your eyes first and Caddies on Cordell is truly a movable feast! From the myriad of wide-screen televised sporting events to the wide-selection food and beer menu, this Sports Bar is a great choice for friends wanting to catch a game or even just hang out. I was with a mixed gaggle of folks who watched the Syracuse Orange get crushed but our waitress made the loss a bit more palatable. Great Wings, Cold Beer, Lovely Staff... Will be back!

Visited March 2014
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Won't ever spend my money there again!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

If I could have rated this a 0 I would have. Been there a few times and service was lacking. CHECK YOUR BILLS when they bring them. Mine we're wrong 2 times out of 4 that iv been with different staff working. One time manager was nice fixed it right away. Next time the manager steve made it like it was our fault! Went in to watch football and eat. And won't ever step In there again till steve is gone and service changes. SMH !

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Great wings deal on Thursday!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 10, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

50 cent wings on Thursday! It's not a quite a dive bar, but pretty reasonably priced. Nothing special on the inside, can be a little dirty, but it's good place to go for happy hour if you aren't looking for anything special.

Visited September 2013
Chevy Chase, Maryland
“Great sportbar with outdoor dining”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I love this place. We go for lunch, for dinner and for happy hour. It is a neighborhood gem. It has lots of TVs to catch the game too.

Visited September 2013