“Great spot for a Party” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Italian
Bethesda, Maryland
“Great spot for a Party”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

Hosted my daughter's 14th birthday party here and the staff couldn't have been nicer or more accomodating. They seated my daughter and her friends at a large table, seated my wife and me at a separate (but nearby) table, and told us to simply enjoy our meal while they took care of the party. Food was very good, staff extremely gracious. A great time for all.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Good Italian food in Bethesda”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

Positano has a warm and inviting interior, decorated with wall paintings of Italy, Venetian masks and Italian ceramics. We found the food to be excellent. Service however was soso, even though we were one of only two tables of customers in the whole restaurant. More annoying was the constant noise and loud conversations in Spanish coming from the clearly non-Italian staff in the kitchen, which we could too loudly hear from the other side of the restaurant.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
McLean, Virginia
“great event place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2012

We had an engagement party at the end of March for my son and now daughter in law. The owner were very accomodating and easy to work with. In addition, the owner recommended a few DJs and helped us with the menu. The event was very successful and low key. The staff was most accomodating as a few people had special dietary needs. I would recommend this place for anyone who need a large party space for their event. It's also a lot more reasonable than many other restaurants I checked into.

• Visited March 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Washington, D.C.
“Charming and very good local Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

What can I say, my family's been going to Positano forever, and we even had my brother's rehearsal dinner there.

Family-run place with the kind of personal service and homemade, delectable italian food you'd expect from such an establishment.

They expanded in recent years past and have plenty of room, including a nice outdoor seating area when it's warm enough.

I've never had anything less than a stellar Italian meal at this place. Always warms my heart and my stomach.

Visited September 2012
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

After a week of testing at NIH, this was my treat to myself. I went based on good reviews on trip advisor. I ordered shrimp and I must say the shrimp itself was very good. The green beans tasted liked canned. The carrots were unremarkable. The spaghetti and marinara sauce very run-of-the mill. The presentation ordinary. For the price and recommendations, I was expecting a really nice meal. The courtyard was pleasant and refreshing. And, for me anyway, the wait staff and servers were very attentive.

• Visited September 2012