“Charming and very good local Italian restaurant” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #10 of 296 restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Italian
Washington, D.C.
“Charming and very good local Italian restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

What can I say, my family's been going to Positano forever, and we even had my brother's rehearsal dinner there.

Family-run place with the kind of personal service and homemade, delectable italian food you'd expect from such an establishment.

They expanded in recent years past and have plenty of room, including a nice outdoor seating area when it's warm enough.

I've never had anything less than a stellar Italian meal at this place. Always warms my heart and my stomach.

Visited September 2012

80% Recommend
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

After a week of testing at NIH, this was my treat to myself. I went based on good reviews on trip advisor. I ordered shrimp and I must say the shrimp itself was very good. The green beans tasted liked canned. The carrots were unremarkable. The spaghetti and marinara sauce very run-of-the mill. The presentation ordinary. For the price and recommendations, I was expecting a really nice meal. The courtyard was pleasant and refreshing. And, for me anyway, the wait staff and servers were very attentive.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Kensington, Maryland
“Excellent restaurant for a special event”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I was planning an event for 19 people for dinner and wanted to find a restaurant with good food at a reasonable price. The restaurant staff were very accommodating and helpful. Everyone really enjoyed the meal and the atmosphere of the restaurant. We’ll definitely keep this in mind in planning any future events.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

We've been to this restaurant several times during the past couple of years and each time it was a wonderful experience. The food is outstanding and the atmosphere everything one could desire. If you're a fan of Italian cuisine -- and who isn't? -- you won't be disappointed. Our most recent visit was a birthday celebration - a group of ten people. We wanted a place where the noise level was low for conversation and the food, service and ambiance worthy of the occasion. We weren't disappointed. Everything was was set up when we arrived, including the antipasto. Owner/manager Jimmy Traettino even provided bottles of Prosecco on the house.

Weather permitting, the outdoor seating is very pleasant. Parking has never been a problem -- there's a public garage right behind the restaurant (free of charge on Saturday and Sunday).

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
DC
“Perfect Rehearsal Dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

We took advantage of the Tour and Dinner deal Positano offers. We rented out the Wine Room for our rehearsal dinner, which was perfect for our size party (36 guests). Kept things very intimate while sitting in a great cozy room. Food is amazing here as well. Jimmy was great in being flexible with us to work on accommodating our group. The tour was perfect and made travel easy, while the tour guide was unbelievably well informed and entertaining. Made for a great night overall and we had several guests tell us that they would be going to the restaurant in the coming weeks. Several people in our party said it was the best lasagna they had ever had. Would definitely advise planning a party here since the restaurant has great food and service and Jimmy is easy and helpful to work with.

• Visited August 2012