“Nice, but noise level is high” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Germantown, Maryland
“Nice, but noise level is high”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Great selection of British beers, which you would expect. Typical bar food, but done very well. The onion rings we had were outstanding. We were glad we were seated in the pool area because the noise level in the other areas was very high, no doubt due to the industrial, non-acoustic sealing. We also had the ribs and bread pudding for desert. The bread pudding was very good, but the ribs were over done, but it's really hard to keep ribs from over cooking in a bar type setting.

The staff was very friendly and attentive, yet not objectionably so.

All-in-all a very pleasant experience.

• Visited December 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Seven Corners, Virginia
“Not a place to be on Sunday Night”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

I've reviewed this place before for Saturday nights, but this time we've decided to have a few drinks on a Sunday night. It's a completely different experience and not for the better. We were hoping to watch a game, but the place has "Live Music Night". They band seemed to think that the louder they play the better it sounds. Even though they were in the adjacent room we couldn't keep the conversation seating at the bar and had to leave after just one drink. Needless to say, I was disappointed.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Madison, Georgia
“English?”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

Lots of big screen TV's with some EPL and Champions league games if you want it (I do). The food is generally good and a decent selection of draft beer including London Pride. They get pretty close with the bangers and mash to real UK pud food too. Younger crowd generally but pretty quiet mid week unless there is game on when it get's busy. Last night they had $1 Miller Lite bottles all night if drinking colored water is your thing. The staff are attentive and service is good. Bethesda has loads of choices for places to eat but if you're on a budget and want some atmosphere I'd recommend Union Jacks.

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seven Corners, Virginia
“Happening Place on Saturday Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were looking for fun place to hang out this Saturday night in Bethesda and came upon this little jam. This place is favored by a rather younger crowd, so you're almost guaranteed to get good deals on drinks. Bartenders are awesome and work their butts off serving fast drinks. There're a lot of people on a dance floor and about the same amount around the bar, so it might take some time for you to get some service. I haven't noticed any altercations or overt unfriendliness among patrons, but there was a cop hanging by the door.
All-in-all, I would recommend this place for great time on Saturday night.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Avid Partier says this place is for knuckle heads”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Okay Okay I will say the DJ is very good! The bartenders specially Jet is amazing. The atmosphere is thugs on thugs (the girls, not ladies)

I wouldn't be surprised if this place ends up having a metal detector soon.
I think this place stays in business because it has a bigger dance floor than any of the places in Bethesda or surrounding area. They also have pool tables on one side of the place.

In the past year I have been here twice, I try to avoid this place like the plague. I have been confronted by some drunk girl talking alot of trash and trying to start a fight with anyone every single time! For instance this past weekend I thought a guy was bothering a girl on the dance floor that I was dancing next to, so I asked her in a friendly manner if she was okay? Then her friend "Jenny from the block" jumps in "Is there a problem?" I said "no" she said "because you were saying.." So I had to her the guy was bumping into all of us and he seemed to be harrassing her alot so I wanted to be sure she was okay, if not I would get security. She was so ready to throw her fists at anyone.

No time for this drama and this place has lots of it. The boys not men are of an aggressive nature, you can't just dance with your friends because you will be groped. It's really gross.

This review is based on my expierence from the past two years. Last time I will go there for sure. I will choose a smaller dance floor and a adequet DJ (Tommy Joes) over this place.

• Visited June 2012