“Happening Place on Saturday Night” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Seven Corners, Virginia
“Happening Place on Saturday Night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

We were looking for fun place to hang out this Saturday night in Bethesda and came upon this little jam. This place is favored by a rather younger crowd, so you're almost guaranteed to get good deals on drinks. Bartenders are awesome and work their butts off serving fast drinks. There're a lot of people on a dance floor and about the same amount around the bar, so it might take some time for you to get some service. I haven't noticed any altercations or overt unfriendliness among patrons, but there was a cop hanging by the door.
All-in-all, I would recommend this place for great time on Saturday night.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Avid Partier says this place is for knuckle heads”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Okay Okay I will say the DJ is very good! The bartenders specially Jet is amazing. The atmosphere is thugs on thugs (the girls, not ladies)

I wouldn't be surprised if this place ends up having a metal detector soon.
I think this place stays in business because it has a bigger dance floor than any of the places in Bethesda or surrounding area. They also have pool tables on one side of the place.

In the past year I have been here twice, I try to avoid this place like the plague. I have been confronted by some drunk girl talking alot of trash and trying to start a fight with anyone every single time! For instance this past weekend I thought a guy was bothering a girl on the dance floor that I was dancing next to, so I asked her in a friendly manner if she was okay? Then her friend "Jenny from the block" jumps in "Is there a problem?" I said "no" she said "because you were saying.." So I had to her the guy was bumping into all of us and he seemed to be harrassing her alot so I wanted to be sure she was okay, if not I would get security. She was so ready to throw her fists at anyone.

No time for this drama and this place has lots of it. The boys not men are of an aggressive nature, you can't just dance with your friends because you will be groped. It's really gross.

This review is based on my expierence from the past two years. Last time I will go there for sure. I will choose a smaller dance floor and a adequet DJ (Tommy Joes) over this place.

• Visited June 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Rochester, New York
“Sunday brunch rules!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2012

Happened upon Union Jack's on a Sunday morning. From the sidewalk, saw a very appealing brunch table in their below-sidewalk pub, with an amazing sign that promised that brunch for less than $8.00! The brunch was worth every penny: nice assortment of pastries, fresh fruit, scrambled eggs (tasted real, not processed), bacon, sausage, French toast and syrup, and lots of coffee. Friendly server and a British sports bar atmosphere made this an enjoyable place for a hearty Sunday breakfast. This is worth seeking out on a Sunday morn!

• Visited March 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Washingt
“Good nieghborhood place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2012

This is a good place when you want to be in a happy crowd and want substantial, not gourmet, food at a decent price. Lots of young people here who clearly were looking for a good time. Great service, large portions (including drinks), friendly atmosphere.

Visited November 2011
NJ
“Delicious Food - Brought the Whole Family”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2011

While staying at a Doubletree Hotel in Bethesda, my family and I were looking for eating establishments outside of the hotel. We came across this pub and were pleasantly surprised. We did not have many choices, as it was a Sunday afternoon, 4th of July weekend, and most of the restaurants in the area were closed. I was not excited about bringing young children into a pub, but it was empty at that hour, and there were not many other choices around.

I was pleased to see a great children's menu and the regular menu had great choices. The food was delicious and well worth the visit.

My advice if going with children - go on an off-hour to avoid crowds and noise. The food was wonderful and the kids also enjoyed the selections.

• Visited July 2011