“Great staff at the Comfort Inn, Beltsville, MD” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Beltsville
Meriden, CT
“Great staff at the Comfort Inn, Beltsville, MD”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

We stayed two weekend at the Comfort Inn, Beltsville, MD for an event at the University of Maryland. It was a very convenient drive from there to the campus. The hotel was clean and the room for our King was very comfortable. What impressed us the most was the quality and friendliness of the staff, very helpful in helping us with everything we needed to enjoy our stay. I'd like to say how great they were in handling problems, but we did not have any. I'm sure they would!

Nowadays it's important to a have a Wifi network you can count on, and that was certainly the case here. Their daily breakfast was convenient, and in line with other Comfort Inns we have stayed in. The hotel is located in a small shopping parkade, convenient to McDonald's, Wendy's, Stop & Shop, CVS (24 hrs) and a few other stores. There wasn't anything else around that area, but it was all we needed. There was a very convenient restaurant located in the plaza, much better than what we expected in a strip mall. Certainly not upscale, but excellent food choices including appetizers, and very moderate pricing. We did not plan on dining there at all, but did so twice because of the convenience, and it worked out great. The fact that we went there the 1st night with 5 of us, and went back the next night with 12 should tell you something.

Room Tip: We enjoyed our King but the one minor problem for some would be our 3rd floor room facing the front...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
ssmarte, General Manager at Comfort Inn Capital Beltway, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
We appreciate your positive comments and great recommendation! Thank you! I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations on the level of service and accommodations. I will certainly share your feedback with my team.

Kenneth White
General Manager, Comfort Inn Beltsville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Adlephi, Md
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I've stayed at the Comfort Inn for several months in 2012 and I would recommend it. Jeff, the night supervisor, always makes sure my stay is problem free. He is courteous, professional, and very quick to resolve any problems I might have. Tammy, the night auditor, makes checkout a very simple process. She's efficient, friendly, and helpful.

With staff like Jeff and Tammy, your stay will be an enjoyable one. You'll get a friendly greeting every day and they'll always check if everything is satisfactory. In short, they'll make you feel like family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Comfort Inn B, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Capital Beltway, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Hello Paul L,
Thank you for taking the time to review your experience at our hotel. We are excited to hear that Tammy and Jeff made your experience fantastic and very enjoyable. We strive on having a great staff here and are very proud of all the hard work they put in to make sure the guest's experience is a great one. Here are the Comfort Inn Capital Beltway we want you to feel like family! Please let us know if there is anything more we can do for your next stay!
Thank you!
Syracuse, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I came to the hotel because it was recommended by a friend. I had problems with the internet. I had to go across the street to McDonalds to use their Wifi to get my e.mails. It took 36 hours to get the internet repaired. Breakfast was very basic to say the lease. The room was comfortable. If you are a businessman who likes a hardy breakfast with options, this is below continental style. One of my associates had problems with his electronic key for the three days that we stayed. Finally they moved him to another room. Another of my associates left the hotel, and moved to another hotel because of the internet problems. I will be heading to the area twice again this year, but I will not stop at this hotel.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Comfort Inn B, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Capital Beltway, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Hello Angel R,
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience at our hotel. I am disappointed that you did not get the service and experience that we thrive on. My apologies for the trouble with our free WIFI for I can definitely understand your frustration with the internet not working. We just recently increased our bandwidth and some issues came across this weekend which we are working on. I am sorry to hear the breakfast was not what you expected and that your associate had issues with his key card. We encourage you to come back and give us another try so you can truly experience we thrive to give our guest. If you do decide to try staying with us in the future please let us know by calling the hotel directly so we can go over any issues or concerns before your arrival. Please feel free to reach out to the hotel at any time if you would like to discuss these issues first hand. We will be more than happy to address your concerns and issues.
Princess Anne, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Eric, kevin, and Jonelle were very welcoming. The staff were very nice and helpful. I have stayed there for 4 weeks and enjoyed every day there. if you are looking for place to stay and welcoming people comfort inn is the way to go.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
Comfort Inn B, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Capital Beltway, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
riham e,
We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review and give us feedback on your stay with us. We are honored that you stayed that long with us. We are even more thrilled to hear that you enjoyed every day there. Your compliments to Eric, Kevin and Jonelle will be passed along for I am proud that they are part of our hotel team here! They truly know the meaning of hospitality and always go the extra mile for our guest. I am glad you got to experience this as well. Thank you for your continuous stay with us and please let us know if we can make your stay any more comforting.
Thank you and safe travels!
Sterling, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

After dealing with the areas first snow storm, it was a warm, welcome friendly reception to come into the hotel, and be greeted with a smile and kindness by the front desk, I'd recommend this Comfort Inn over all of them for the value

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Greg J,
Thank you for writing this great review for our hotel. Even though it was cold, windy and snowy outside I am glad you were welcomed with the warm, friendly, welcoming staff of our hotel. We thrive on making sure the guest is always welcomed and get what they need for their stay. Thank you for recommending us and we hope you choose to stay with us again if the opportunity arises.
Thank you and have a fantastic day!
Woodbridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

we are in the area every 3months for business,we stay in many different hotels however this one is our favorite for more reasons than one.I had the privilege of meeting and speaking to a young man named Eric that was at the front desk he made our stay more enjoyable as did the rest of the staff The staff.service,,accommodations and location will definitely have us back in 3 months. Christine B

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Comfort Inn B, Public Relations Manager at Comfort Inn Capital Beltway, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Hello jerziegirl434,
Thank you taking the time to review your experience with your stay at the hotel. Eric is a hugely valued member of our team. It will be communicated to them about your raving reviews about him! We are thrilled to hear that overall you were fully satisfied with your stay with us! Can't wait for your return in 3 months, for we are looking forward to it. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us if you need anything prior to your next arrival.
Thank you and have a wonderful day!
Greenbelt, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

If you are planning any sort of meeting, you can not go wrong by hosting it at the Comfort Inn Capital Beltway. Jonelle Jacobs, sales director is great to work with and responds quickly to your communications. Jeff Williams at the front desk, always has a smile on his face and is very professional in dealing with your guests / clients. Joseph Gentry, banquets coordinator, is amazing. He is very professional and always does everything with a smile. I also must say that he went the extra mile for us by going to the store for something that we needed. We dealt mostly with these individuals but, Eric and the two other young ladies at the front desk were great as well.
I really appreciate everything that you did for us this past weekend.
Vicky Taylor
Executive Director
District REIA

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Comfort Inn B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Capital Beltway, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Hello Vicky T,
Thank you for your feedback on your experience at our hotel. We are thrilled that your meeting went smoothly and was great! Thank you for directly complimenting Jonelle, Jeff, Joseph, Eric and our front desk. I will make sure that your compliments get back to them for their successes. I am so honored to have such great people working at the hotel. They truly understand hospitality and I am pleased you experienced that as well. Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future if you need anything.
Have a wonderful day!

Been to Comfort Inn Capital Beltway? Share your experiences!