“Great stay, great value” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Beltsville
Wilmington, Delaware
“Great stay, great value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Hotels in this area are a bit on the pricey side, as hotel rates go, but for the money and the location, this Comfort Inn does the best job of offering comfort, friendly service, accessibility to the highway, cleanliness, and accommodations. I have been staying in hotels in this area weekly since 2011, and last night was my first night with this Comfort Inn. I was very pleased with the accommodation -- so much so -- that I wondered what took me so long to find it!

There's a Hilton, a Sheraton and a few Marriotts in the immediate area, but I'd recommend this Comfort Inn over all of them for the value... Why spend double for a 3-star hotel, when this 2-star is nearly every bit as good, and gives you a free breakfast to boot??

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Comfort Inn B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Capital Beltway, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Hello Ed F,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We are excited to hear that your stay was pleasant and that you were satisfied all around with the service, value, cleanliness and accommodations. As a frequent traveler to the area, we are thankful that you decided to give our hotel a try and were pleased. We hope you got a chance to sample all of our breakfast items including hot/cold and of course the waffles. We hope you stay with us again and please let us know in advance if there is anything you need before you stay!

Have a great day!

121 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

This was my 1oth year to stay at this hotel. Their staff is exceptional in customer care. I have already booked my stay for 2014. I bring a youth group each year. Location is great being as clase to DC as it is but not in the hustle and bussle of the big city.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Comfort Inn B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Capital Beltway, responded to this review, February 20, 2013
Hello dklk,
Congratulations on staying with us for 10 years! We really appreciate your loyalty to the hotel and cannot express how much we value you as a guest. I am thrilled to hear that the staff here was exceptional in providing you and your youth group exceptional care for this is what we focus on here at the hotel. If there is anything we can do or you need to discuss for next year’s stay please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We want to make sure your stay keeps on being enjoyable and full of great customer service. See you in 2014!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We went there with a group and everything was great! Hotel is a great value, close to everything and very nice! We can't say enough about the staff! They were awesome from the minute we checked in and could not do enough for you. Friendliest staff we have ever had and we travel a lot. Would highly recommend!

Hello picaso32,
We love hearing that you had a great stay with your group this past weekend! I am personally pleased that you got to experience the hotel’s lovely staff firsthand! We are ecstatic to hear that you get everything you pay for when it comes to value and customer service. We are always here to assist you in any way during your stay! If you need anything in the future please let us know.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

From the beginning, although very busy, Joey was polite and efficient. She moved through her tasks with a smile despite some rude customers in front of me. Unflappable is the best descriptor for her. Joe, the event contact, was amazing. He provided a level of customer service that other place I have stayed, The Greenbrier, The Boars head, The Ritz Carlton... Etc, would do well to emulate. When the hotel didn't have a wine opener, he ran to a store near-by and purchased one for me. The gentleman at the desk over the night shift, for which I am sorry I forgot his name as he was of the same caliber as Joey and Jo, never lost the smile on his face. Well done team! Many nights, a bed is a bed. It was the staff that made an otherwise average night great.

• Stayed February 2013
Hello Piedmonttcouple,
After reading your review I am thrilled to hear that you got to experience the hospitality status that we instill here at the hotel. We really appreciate you comparing us to the great service level of The Ritz Carlton, Boars Head etc. for that is so rewarding to hear that. I am thrilled that Joey was able to handle your wine opener issue. I will make sure that the staff you pointed out directly gets recognized for their brilliant talents! I am so proud of our staff and the service they deliver here at the hotel. Thank you again for all the compliments and positive ravings. Please let us know if you are ever back in town and want to stay with us again!
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

check in & stay was very smooth and easy...Eric at the front desk was friendly & made sure our stay there was what we expected. He & the other staff were very friendly & helpful.. The event was a great success & we hope we can go back there again in the future..
Thanks to everyone there & Eric...

Room Tip: easy location right off the highway..stores nearby if needed.
Hello Tom T,
Thank you for writing us a great review! We really appreciate you taking the time to let us know about your experience. Thank you for pointing out how friendly and helpful our staff was and more specifically Eric. I will let him know you wrote directly about his great hospitable skills. Here at the Comfort Inn Capital Beltway we want to make sure you have an enjoyable stay and strive for that for all of our guests. Glad you had a pleasant event party and we hope you come and visit with us again too!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

The staff was very kind, helpful and knew their job. Eric assisted me and answered every question I had. He was also very helpful with any issues I had and solved them with minimal effort. Big cudos to him and the rest of the staff for making me and my girlfriend feel at home.

• Stayed February 2013
Comfort Inn B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Capital Beltway, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Hello ChrisMWard,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. I am so happy to hear that we met your expectations and you had a wonderful stay. Glad that you got to encounter our great, friendly staff. I am really proud of how friendly and helpful my staff are here and I am thrilled you had the opportunity to experience this firsthand. I will make sure to let Eric know personally about your raving review. Thank you for your stay and hopefully we will see you again next time you are in the area.

Safe travels!
Bethpage, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

My wife and I have stayed here a couple of times a year for years now and a few years ago the hotel was not being adequately maintained. Last year they started upgrading the facility and the staff. As upgrades continue (new door locks and cable tv channels last week), this hotel becomes an even better bargain. I recently had a situation that caused me to have to make, then cancel and then change my reservation. Gracie was extremely helpful and handled all the changes efficiently and with great compassion. All my needs were met with no hesitation and a cheerful attitude. The breakfast (recently upgraded) was terrific. We were met each morning with a cheery "good morning" by George (housekeeping) and Yassik (maintenance). In fact, every employee we came across was helpful and cheery. This is a great value and a really friendly hotel and the arrow is pointing up.

Room Tip: They have really good handicapped facilities and are working to make them even better.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Good Afternoon elmarko13,

Thank you for giving us another opportunity and we are thrilled to hear that you have noticed the changes and enjoyed your stay! Yes, you are absolutely correct we have upgraded a lot of items at the hotel from the waffles at breakfast (I hope you got the opportunity to try those) the locks and now our tv channels are in HD. I am very fortunate to have a great staff who are here to make your stay friendly and enjoyable. I will definitely pass along your TripAdvisor review to them along to Gracie specifically. They will be extremely thrilled to hear this positive review as well! Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review and please do not hesitate to contact us about anything you experienced or need in the future. We hope you stay with us again soon and have a wonderful day!

Been to Comfort Inn Capital Beltway? Share your experiences!