“Getting out of the cold” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Beltsville
MD
“Getting out of the cold”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed one night in an emergency situation during the cold. The hall way has a musty smell, but the room did smell fresh, the towels are clean and the bed linen too.

The bath floor had a sort of discoloration which was a turn off but at least there was no mildew which made it tolerable.

The pillows are half size which makes it a bit difficult to rest your head properly.

The worst about the room was the noise from the AC/Heat unit. It was just loud and horrible, and although placed on auto it never shut done even when the room became hot and unbearable.

I was surprised about the variety of items given for breakfast and i must admit that i was impressed with set -up and the taste.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Comfort Inn B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Capital Beltway, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Hello GoldiMd,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the variety and taste of our breakfast items. Hopefully you got a chance to try the waffles! As for the pillow size, the loud AC/Heat Unit and the uncomfortable temperature in the room I am sorry you experienced these hassles for my staff and I try to make sure this does not occur with our guests stay. I hope next time you are in the area you will give the hotel another try. Just mention these past experiences to us and we will make sure your room does not have those issues so you can get a more comfortable stay. If you would like to discuss your concerns with me please feel free to reach out to me anytime!

Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Cumberland, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

everyone here ,Jeff, rachael, eric they are always eager to assist anyone ,who needs help or has a question. they always make sure I am well taken care of. and the room is always clean and fresh. I always recommend this hotel to my friends, as it is convenient to and from where ever I have to travel. the management ,is very friendly and customer oriented. vickie S

Room Tip: higher floors are less noise
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Comfort Inn B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Capital Beltway, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Vick S,

Thank you immensely for your review! We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review to let us know how we are doing. I am thrilled to hear that Jeff, Rachael and Eric took great care of you on your visit. I will make sure to pass that information along to them. We are grateful for the recommendation to your friends about our property as well! Please don’t ever hesitate to let us know if you need anything from us during your stay.

Hope you have a wonderful day!
Chennai
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 weeks just when Sandy was forecast.
I have stayed here in the past last year an it was much better then.
The first problem I observed - the door lock was not working, left the door just closed for a whole day of my work, and the staff were quick to change my room immediately on the first day.
The other room also had problems - this time - the access key cards did not open the door for my room nor for the business center or the fitness center.
Almost all guests were complaining of this problem many times.
One evening, founds two cops cars at the hotel and when I entered the lobby, one of the guest was warning me
That the hotel was leaking the credit card details leading to other charges.
Did not know if this was true, but this incident helped Me to prevent using my credit card till I left the hotel.
The hotel has only one outdoor pool which was closed due to the weather, against two promises on my booking.
The service, breakfast were more than average.
The location was very suitable for my work at Columbia, DC, beltway areas.
Sandy left the cable Tv cut for over 12 hrs. The power and Internet was fully up.
The fire alarm went off twice duringy stay, this was mostly false alerts.
Usually there are a lots of Chinese guests here all the time being moves on few large buses with their separate dining
Options. Overall, a budget hotel with ok services. Will Consider staying here if I have no other choice and if on a limited budget.

• Stayed November 2012
Comfort Inn B, General Manager at Comfort Inn Capital Beltway, responded to this review, December 23, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent visit to the Comfort Inn-Capital Beltway. I am truly disappointed to hear about the difficulty you experienced during your visit. We were experiencing issues due to a faulty key encoder during this time period. Shortly after Sanday passed, we secured a new key encoder and have not encountered similar situations recently.

As for the guest accusing us of leaking credit card information, I can assure you that the security and privacy of guest information is of utmost importance to us. The police were called at the guest's request and they ultimately were able to explain to her that we did nothing of the sort.

I apologize again for any inconvenience that this situation may have caused, and hope that you will allow us another opportunity to be of service again in the future. Should you be travelling into the Beltsville area again, please feel free to contact me at (301) 572-7100 as I would like to personally handle your reservations.

Millville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Gracie is allways a great at helping us make reservations for all our rooms. She is also great at making sure the rooms are where we need them and have what we need in them. Thanks Gracie. Are rooms are always ready when we get there. and she makes sure we have a frig and micro wave in each room. They are alos good at makeing sure any packages that i get they let me know about or just deliver to my room.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members. Gracie is a wonderful asset to our team here at the Comfort Inn-Capital Beltway and I am always glad to see such positive comments about our staff.

Thank you again for your comments. We look forward to continuing to serve you and all our guests with this level of hospitality.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed here for two weeks and wow the staff really impressed. Before we even arrived Gracie sorted out our room for us. We had booked in at another hotel but it was terrible. Gracie pulled out all the stops and found us a room.

Rachel was also really very helpful. Our key kept losing its programming and she tried to look into why this kept happening. We would even hang out before she started her shift.

Christie was also helpful. We had loads of calls and she was kind enough to let us know if she saw us in the lobby.

Oh and the guy with the nice eyes sorry I didn't get his name.
Well done guys you made us feel so welcome.

The Matthews

Room Tip: The room over looking the pool on the fifth floor was a bit cold. It's a good room in the summer...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to write and share your recent experience with us. It is always nice to hear such wonderful comments about our team and the hotel. I will make sure to share this with my team members. Gracie and Eric (the guy with the nice eyes) are wonderful assets to our team here at the Comfort Inn-Capital Beltway and I am always glad to see such positive comments about our staff.

Greenbelt, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

book for 2 nights, the front desk person & Manager gave me the best service, by finding a room with 2 queen size bed, finally they accommodate us with a king side bed & 1 roll in bed , the room is very clean, hallway light appropriate, morning breakfast bar very inviting & generous, extremely pleasant experience

Room Tip: tell the front desk a soon as possible what you need once you start to book any hotel, they by defa...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

The front desk workers did seem to assist in request from myself as well as other friendly guest in ways that you wouldnt expect from a "2.5 star" hotel. "Eric" was kind enough to assist me with entry key issues in a timely fashion. One of the front desk workers who name tag says "Christie" really stood out, by genuinely showing equally concern to each respectful guest. I did note that another front desk worker name "Tammy" was very helpful to me during a phone check-in also she was even welcoming face to face.

Room Tip: call ahead to make sure you have the room you want, even after booking it.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business

Been to Comfort Inn Capital Beltway? Share your experiences!