“Decent food, slow service.” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 57 Restaurants in Beltsville
Cuisines: American
Laurel, Maryland
“Decent food, slow service.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

My family and I went to Old Line on March 21, 2013 for my birthday dinner. We were a group of 10. They put together a few tables for us and we were sat right away. It was a slow night. Only 3 other tables had people eating at them.

Our server was ok. He introduced himself and said "That's about all I have to say." and did not even tell us about the special that night. Fortunately I had already read what it was on the chalkboard at the entrance. He took our drink orders and when my dad asked what kind of beer they had, he didn't know and they did not have a menu with all of the beers on it, so my dad had to get up and walk over to the entrance where they had all the beers written down.

The drinks came out in a decent amount of time. I had to ask for bread to be brought to our table and it took forever. We did not get checked on often at all.

The menu is small but interesting. Our table ordered the special which was a 10oz NY strip with asparagus and mashed potatoes, steak salads, a burger, mussels, and the steak frites. My sister does not eat meat and ordered the steak salad, minus the steak. She wanted everything the same as the regular steak salad, just no meat. They brought her out a tiny side salad, missing all the ingredients of the actual steak salad. My NY strip was ok. The asparagus and mashed potatoes were cold and blah looking. Everyone who got the steak salad said it needed more steak on it. The mussels were not very flavorful. My mom said the burger was ok.

All in all, it wasn't that great of an experience. For how long the food took to come out, it was not worth it. The place itself is nice and the atmosphere is quaint. This place has major potential. I love the whole bistro in a liquor/wine store concept, they just really need to work on their service and food prep. The menu could be a little bigger as well.

I would maybe give Old Line another try.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Shady Side, MD
“Good Food, Terrible Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

We liked the decor, and the food. The assortment of craft beers was great, but getting our waitress to take our orders became a chore. We were seated next to a large party. We could see her laughing and talking with them. Then she would leave without even checking in with us. She did not look our way to see us trying to flag her down. My husband finally got up and found someone to give our order for more drinks and dessert to. We ordered lava cakes, but when they arrived, they were not warm so we decided to take them home and warm the in the microwave. I would recommend that you try Old Line. Maybe our waitress had a bad night. The food was good and the atmosphere was pleasant.

• Visited March 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Laurel, Maryland, United States
“Don't Judge a Book by its Cover.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

Decided to go to the Bistro after seeing positive Yelp! reviews. Some history: the building used to be a Circuit City. Now Old Line is there. You need to go all the way to the back of the Old Line in order to get to the Bistro.

The atmosphere was really good. It had a modern feel to it. There is seating for a little over 75 in the restaurant and some room at the bar too.

The food was awesome! The beer was really good too! Before the food comes out they bring out some bread and bottled water. Def. recommend checking this place out.

• Visited December 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Arlington, Virginia
“AWESOME Beer Tasting AND Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

We saw this advertised and went on Saturday January 26, 2013. Best selection of craft beers I have seen in DC metro area. Tasted their "Firkin" - a cask ale using Heavy Seas (Baltimore Brewers) Black Cannon recipe plus other special ingredients. It was awesome. Tasted other brewers such as Heavy Seas, DuClaw, and Flying Dog. All of those locally brewed in Maryland. Also tasted Dominion and Starr Hill from Virginia. TRY the Bistro!! It's located in the back. It's some good eating!

• Visited January 2013