“Great Staff but it needs an update” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Beltsville
Aurora, Illinois
“Great Staff but it needs an update”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is your typical out of date Hotel. The staff is great and does all they can but the rooms are out of date and need to be updated. The fitness center machines are old and dirty. It is convenient for my travels to the area and is the only reason I use it. The staff is great and deserves a better property from the management.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Johnkutty V, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guest:

Your feedback on service experience is much appreciated. Our Team works well together to provide a Sheraton branded experience to all our Customers. I hope you have the opportunity to experience service in an updated Hotel real soon. We are working on upgrading our Hotel to remove any imperfections it might have!

As you know from your travel experience, people make the greatest difference in experience while clean and working amenities are important.

thank you for your loyalty and constructive feedback.

John Varghese, Gm

180 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Ocean, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2013

Worth staying 20 minutes outside DC to avoid traffic and parking (took Fort Totten Metro) when my son and I scheduled college tours in DC. I made an error in my reservation but the desk clerk didn't bat an eye finding me a room. Gym was fully functional, room spacious and clean. Don't agree that it looked worn down at all-- perhaps it's had work done recently. Movie theater in same parking lot. Plus, got a GREAT deal through hotwire.com.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Johnkutty V, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest:

Our sincere thanks for staying with us and experiencing our service at the Sheraton Washington North. We genuinely appreciate your feedback on the quality fo the building and service provided.

Indeed, our team works hard to deliver branded experience to all our guests. Let us know when you are ready to return to our Hotel again.

Sincerely

John Varghese, GM
Dublin, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2013

First time at this Sheraton property. Although the hotel is slightly aged, the cleanliness and staff make up for it. Free parking. Large parking areas. Grocery store and strip mall across the street make this location perfect for the business traveller. I-95 is less than 500' away with an easy access exit/entrance ramp.

Great welcoming atmosphere from Kate, behind the counter. The other staff members are friendly and speak to you throughout your stay. Although the bar/restaurant can be a little slow at times, the food is prepared very well. The concierge lounge is small, but efficient. The staff there are very accomodating.

The rates are reasonable and below Washington area jacked up prices. Will be staying here again.

Room Tip: Ask for an upgrade. The higher the floor, the better.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest:

Our team was very glad to welcome you to our Hotel. As you have expressed, the warmth, caring and genuine friendliness of our Team will surely trumph any new hotel building. I want to thank you for expressing it so many words.

I thank you for your staying with us and hope to have you return to our Hotel for future stays.

John Varghese, GM
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I chose this hotel because I was speaking at University of Maryland and needed a hotel within close proximity. The outside of the hotel was nice, there was plenty of free parking and though the neighborhood was questionable there were plenty of dining options. The lobby upon checkin was nice, certainly built for a business traveler and front-desk attendants were very pleasant.

From the elevator up to our room is where it went downhill. The hotel was rated a 3-Star on most of the travel review boards, but I beg to differ. Without reliving the experience I was grossed out by our hotel room. Upon entering the room a foul odor coming from the air conditioning unit struck me right away. It was 11:30 and I had to be up at 5am so I decided to try to make it through the night. I then walked into the restroom only to see hair on the floor and in the bathtub. Gross.

I was happy to check-out. Next time I will skip this hotel as an option despite being a Sheraton.

Room Tip: Service was polite and helpful, but the hotel rooms are old, smelly and not cleaned well.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Business1965, Director of Sales at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for allowing us to serve you Ms Kristen J. We regret that your experience wasn't what you've come to expect from us. I know how frustrating it can be when you're met an unfamiliar odor causing you not to get a good night's sleep. Based on your feedback, the team and I will meet to discuss new ways of improving our guests' experience. Although we strive for perfection, sometimes we fall short. Should we have an opportunity to serve you again in the future, we will work to make your visit memorable for all the right reasons.

Regards,

Charlene "Charley" Carter
Interim Director of Sales
Sheraton Washington North Hotel
T - 240.965.4228 F - 301.937.4455
4095 Powder Mill Road, Beltsville, MD 20705
San Francisco, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I tried this property for the first time and I'm glad I did. The rates are great and the staff is helpful. The workout equipment was in very good condition though a little cramped like most hotel gyms are.

The club lounge is decent though one night the warm appetizers were out and it didn't seem like it was going to get replenished with 1 more hour of service to go.

The bed is very comfortable and the room service very prompt and the food pretty good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feed back on your last stay experience. Our team was delighted to take care of you. Based on your concerns we have revamped club lounge offerings. We have added a Hot item for breakfast.

We hope to see you in the near future and look forward to meeting you-

John Varghese
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Clean, Clean, Clean!! Comfy beds, plenty of space, nice staff. Spent 2 nights while we were in town for a hockey tournament. Only negative I have is our rooms weren't ready until after 3:00. I wish I would have asked for an early arrival. My bad. Everything else was great. We had the Sunday brunch and that was good, too.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a fridge & microwave if you need those. Not all rooms have th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying with us an experiencing what our Hotel Team Members can deliver in terms of service. We sincerely appreciate your feed back.

As you alluded to this hockey weekend was very busy to have us offer early check in for our guests like you who arrive early. Our team will try its level best upon your return to provide you great sheraton service!

John Varghese
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I am Platinum SPG member and stayed for a single night in December on a business trip. Was upgraded to executive floor that does have lounge. Hotel is very clean and rooms are pretty typical for Sheraton. Comfortable beds! Large Flat screen TVs with Hidef. The rooms have window unit type of AC so might be loud. I never turned mine on as it was cold outside.

The lounge had continental selection for breakfast. Would be nice if they added some hot items like eggs. All the staff I spoke with were extremely friendly and really showed they cared about my stay. I even got a holiday card signed by a bunch of the staff. Nice touch over the holidays.

Did have dinner in the restaurant and I have to say it was one of the best I have had. I had the grilled pork chop and it would compete with any I have had anywhere! Look forward to going back just because of that! Actually heading back this week...

As an SPG member traveling to Beltsville, it is nice to know there is a sheraton near where I need to be!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying with us and experiencing what our Hotel has to offer. Your feedback is fantastic to keep our team motivated to provide Sheraton Branded Service that we you can count on.

We look forward to inviting you back to our Hotel to experience warm, caring service and delicious meal in the Powder Mill Cafe and Lounge.

Been to Sheraton College Park North Hotel? Share your experiences!