“Great business hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Beltsville
San Francisco, CA
“Great business hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I tried this property for the first time and I'm glad I did. The rates are great and the staff is helpful. The workout equipment was in very good condition though a little cramped like most hotel gyms are.

The club lounge is decent though one night the warm appetizers were out and it didn't seem like it was going to get replenished with 1 more hour of service to go.

The bed is very comfortable and the room service very prompt and the food pretty good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Johnkutty V, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for your feed back on your last stay experience. Our team was delighted to take care of you. Based on your concerns we have revamped club lounge offerings. We have added a Hot item for breakfast.

We hope to see you in the near future and look forward to meeting you-

John Varghese

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Clean, Clean, Clean!! Comfy beds, plenty of space, nice staff. Spent 2 nights while we were in town for a hockey tournament. Only negative I have is our rooms weren't ready until after 3:00. I wish I would have asked for an early arrival. My bad. Everything else was great. We had the Sunday brunch and that was good, too.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a room with a fridge & microwave if you need those. Not all rooms have th...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying with us an experiencing what our Hotel Team Members can deliver in terms of service. We sincerely appreciate your feed back.

As you alluded to this hockey weekend was very busy to have us offer early check in for our guests like you who arrive early. Our team will try its level best upon your return to provide you great sheraton service!

Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I am Platinum SPG member and stayed for a single night in December on a business trip. Was upgraded to executive floor that does have lounge. Hotel is very clean and rooms are pretty typical for Sheraton. Comfortable beds! Large Flat screen TVs with Hidef. The rooms have window unit type of AC so might be loud. I never turned mine on as it was cold outside.

The lounge had continental selection for breakfast. Would be nice if they added some hot items like eggs. All the staff I spoke with were extremely friendly and really showed they cared about my stay. I even got a holiday card signed by a bunch of the staff. Nice touch over the holidays.

Did have dinner in the restaurant and I have to say it was one of the best I have had. I had the grilled pork chop and it would compete with any I have had anywhere! Look forward to going back just because of that! Actually heading back this week...

As an SPG member traveling to Beltsville, it is nice to know there is a sheraton near where I need to be!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying with us and experiencing what our Hotel has to offer. Your feedback is fantastic to keep our team motivated to provide Sheraton Branded Service that we you can count on.

We look forward to inviting you back to our Hotel to experience warm, caring service and delicious meal in the Powder Mill Cafe and Lounge.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Let me start by saying that when I initially booked this hotel, it was booked by accident. But I gotta say I'm glad about the accident. :-)
I was in Maryland/DC for a wedding on December 15, 2012. Also a member of the wedding party. I dont know how I got that as the Hotel but leading up to the wedding on one of the conference calls I realized that the Greenbelt Marriott was the selected hotel for the all guests and members of the wedding party. I almost canceled it out...BUT I'm GLAD I KEPT IT!!

Let me start by commenting on the shuttle drivers! this team of staff are awesome! from the time the first driver "Keith" picked me up from the Greenbelt Metro Station - I knew I'd made the right choice. and it just kept getting better and better. Front Desk Staff was just magnificent! they give you the completed individualized attention. Walter and Catherine...you guys just made me felt so at home. Other drivers I interacted with during my stay were "LEO" and one other driver I called "Mr. Liberia" i think his name is James. On the day of the wedding the driver to the Metro Station was LEO. and on the day I leave was Mr. Liberia. What I noticed is that the drivers are always on time and also exercise lots of patience while waiting.
The Lobby area of hotel is nice and clean and super comfortable.
the BEDS? Rooms are just right. & O My God....let me just say be careful that you have atleast 2 alarm clocks to wake you up! these beds are so comfortable that you can easily missed your wake up call.

So I will say THUMBS UP to the Front Desk Staff for greeting us with such great smile as often as we enter or leave the building. Front Desk Rep "ALBERT" I didn't get to meet during my stay but he's also another knowledgeable representative that provided me with thorough info prior to my arrival.

KUDOS to the restaurant staff. you all are awesome!
To All the Staff/Departments at this HOTEL....keep up the great work!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest:

Thank you for providing us feedback on service experience while at the Hotel. Our Team works very hard to provide branded service experience that is consistent to all guests.

We thank you for your kind words and certainly our Team member mentioned will be recognized appropriately -

Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed here for just one night on business and didn't expect very much based on the reviews. I got just about what I expected... nothing horrible but nothing great.

The lobby was very nicely decorated for Christmas and looked great. The staff was friendly, but as pointed out in other reviews, despite being the absolute only customer in the lobby, it took forever for the guy to check me in... he was pointing and clicking like crazy, who knows what kind of silly info he has to enter to finish a check in, but it literally took him like 5 minutes to get through the whole thing. Compare that to my check in the previous week at the nearby Sheraton Columbia where they had my key ready and waiting for me (I'm an SPG Platinum), looked at my ID, swiped my credit card, and I was on my way in literally 10 seconds. If one Sheraton can do it that way why can't another? I can't imagine how long it would have taken had there been a few more guests checking in at the time.

The room itself was okay I suppose, but a little below standards. The bed, which is the most important thing to me, was fine. It was comfortable and had good pillows. But the rest of the room was pretty beat. There was a couch, but it was so stained and nasty looking I couldn't even sit on it. The heater unit was so freaking loud that I had to get up after it woke me up a few times to find my earplugs. Having a great bed doesn't mean as much to me if I get crappy sleep due to some other factor. The rest of the room was average at best.

The club, which I had access to, was pretty strange. When I arrived for the evening appetizers I was again the only guest in sight and the club attendant seemed surprised by my arrival. She hung out in a tiny little room off to the side, and I had to go knock on the door to ask her to put out silverware. Then I asked her for ice for my glass of coke, and she directed me to the ice machine outside of the club for filling ice buckets??? Right after that she took off and didn't return before I left. Additionally, the food offerings were also pretty dismal. The next morning I also went to the club for breakfast and this time it was a different attendant who had things better organized, but I can't say it was a spectacular spread of food either.

I didn't go in the gym, but I did look at it and it looked pretty good. I also liked how easy it was to get to the hotel from the highway, and how easy it was to get back on in the morning.

Overall I'm giving this place an 'Average' rating because I can't see going as low as 'Poor', but if there was a category in between I'd choose that (maybe 'Below Average').

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback on service. We have made the necessary calibrations in Sheraton Club offerings adding a hot item for breakfast as an upgrade.

While in the area, plesae check us out again and experience Sheraton branded service!

Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Having stayed at the Sheraton Rockville just a few months past it is difficult to resist a comparison. Sheraton Washington North is close to the Beltway, Greenbelt and a Metro station. The staff provides free shuttle service to the Metro. It is hard to beat the convenience. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. While some are concerned with the Club lounge staff, we found the young lady amazingly engaged in providing quality service. It could be interpreted as overzealous, but we were delighted with her work ethic and the effort she made in maintaining the room. That said, the food items do not stand up well compared to the food provided at the Sheraton Rockville (although the "space" is much nicer). The hotel is also located at a transportation hub offering little space for walking. In all, we were pleased with the accommodations, the staff and the value and do not hesitate in recommending the Sheraton Washington North.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Ellen M, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying with us an providing positive actionable feebback on service experience. We'll provide additional training to Club Lounge Attendant and will revisit menu offerings.

Let me know if I may be of service to you for future stay-

John V
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel just off the beltway. Friendly staff, but some of the wait staff in the club lounge hover over you and look at you funny as if you are not supposed to be in the club lounge if you are not dressed in business attire -- not on a Saturday people!

Still don't like the points or wi-if option come on Sheraton join the club free wi-if is not an award anymore. Otherwise nice hotel for the great value.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying with us and sharing in your service experience feedback. Please accept our apologies for apparent lack of sensitivity displayed by club lounge staff. We will use this information for training purposes to display Sheraton brand values.

Industry leading travel loyalty program Starwood Preferred Guest offer travelers a full range of benefits based on your status; preferred, gold and platinum. Please visit Spg.com for further information on the program benefits.

Thank you for your loyalty- Let me know if I may be of assistance to you for future travel.

John V

Been to Sheraton College Park North Hotel? Share your experiences!