“Staff that actually care about your stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Beltsville
Orlando, Florida
“Staff that actually care about your stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

I am Platinum SPG member and stayed for a single night in December on a business trip. Was upgraded to executive floor that does have lounge. Hotel is very clean and rooms are pretty typical for Sheraton. Comfortable beds! Large Flat screen TVs with Hidef. The rooms have window unit type of AC so might be loud. I never turned mine on as it was cold outside.

The lounge had continental selection for breakfast. Would be nice if they added some hot items like eggs. All the staff I spoke with were extremely friendly and really showed they cared about my stay. I even got a holiday card signed by a bunch of the staff. Nice touch over the holidays.

Did have dinner in the restaurant and I have to say it was one of the best I have had. I had the grilled pork chop and it would compete with any I have had anywhere! Look forward to going back just because of that! Actually heading back this week...

As an SPG member traveling to Beltsville, it is nice to know there is a sheraton near where I need to be!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Johnkutty V, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying with us and experiencing what our Hotel has to offer. Your feedback is fantastic to keep our team motivated to provide Sheraton Branded Service that we you can count on.

We look forward to inviting you back to our Hotel to experience warm, caring service and delicious meal in the Powder Mill Cafe and Lounge.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

Let me start by saying that when I initially booked this hotel, it was booked by accident. But I gotta say I'm glad about the accident. :-)
I was in Maryland/DC for a wedding on December 15, 2012. Also a member of the wedding party. I dont know how I got that as the Hotel but leading up to the wedding on one of the conference calls I realized that the Greenbelt Marriott was the selected hotel for the all guests and members of the wedding party. I almost canceled it out...BUT I'm GLAD I KEPT IT!!

Let me start by commenting on the shuttle drivers! this team of staff are awesome! from the time the first driver "Keith" picked me up from the Greenbelt Metro Station - I knew I'd made the right choice. and it just kept getting better and better. Front Desk Staff was just magnificent! they give you the completed individualized attention. Walter and Catherine...you guys just made me felt so at home. Other drivers I interacted with during my stay were "LEO" and one other driver I called "Mr. Liberia" i think his name is James. On the day of the wedding the driver to the Metro Station was LEO. and on the day I leave was Mr. Liberia. What I noticed is that the drivers are always on time and also exercise lots of patience while waiting.
The Lobby area of hotel is nice and clean and super comfortable.
the BEDS? Rooms are just right. & O My God....let me just say be careful that you have atleast 2 alarm clocks to wake you up! these beds are so comfortable that you can easily missed your wake up call.

So I will say THUMBS UP to the Front Desk Staff for greeting us with such great smile as often as we enter or leave the building. Front Desk Rep "ALBERT" I didn't get to meet during my stay but he's also another knowledgeable representative that provided me with thorough info prior to my arrival.

KUDOS to the restaurant staff. you all are awesome!
To All the Staff/Departments at this HOTEL....keep up the great work!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Dear Guest:

Thank you for providing us feedback on service experience while at the Hotel. Our Team works very hard to provide branded service experience that is consistent to all guests.

We thank you for your kind words and certainly our Team member mentioned will be recognized appropriately -

John Varghese
Virginia Beach, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

I stayed here for just one night on business and didn't expect very much based on the reviews. I got just about what I expected... nothing horrible but nothing great.

The lobby was very nicely decorated for Christmas and looked great. The staff was friendly, but as pointed out in other reviews, despite being the absolute only customer in the lobby, it took forever for the guy to check me in... he was pointing and clicking like crazy, who knows what kind of silly info he has to enter to finish a check in, but it literally took him like 5 minutes to get through the whole thing. Compare that to my check in the previous week at the nearby Sheraton Columbia where they had my key ready and waiting for me (I'm an SPG Platinum), looked at my ID, swiped my credit card, and I was on my way in literally 10 seconds. If one Sheraton can do it that way why can't another? I can't imagine how long it would have taken had there been a few more guests checking in at the time.

The room itself was okay I suppose, but a little below standards. The bed, which is the most important thing to me, was fine. It was comfortable and had good pillows. But the rest of the room was pretty beat. There was a couch, but it was so stained and nasty looking I couldn't even sit on it. The heater unit was so freaking loud that I had to get up after it woke me up a few times to find my earplugs. Having a great bed doesn't mean as much to me if I get crappy sleep due to some other factor. The rest of the room was average at best.

The club, which I had access to, was pretty strange. When I arrived for the evening appetizers I was again the only guest in sight and the club attendant seemed surprised by my arrival. She hung out in a tiny little room off to the side, and I had to go knock on the door to ask her to put out silverware. Then I asked her for ice for my glass of coke, and she directed me to the ice machine outside of the club for filling ice buckets??? Right after that she took off and didn't return before I left. Additionally, the food offerings were also pretty dismal. The next morning I also went to the club for breakfast and this time it was a different attendant who had things better organized, but I can't say it was a spectacular spread of food either.

I didn't go in the gym, but I did look at it and it looked pretty good. I also liked how easy it was to get to the hotel from the highway, and how easy it was to get back on in the morning.

Overall I'm giving this place an 'Average' rating because I can't see going as low as 'Poor', but if there was a category in between I'd choose that (maybe 'Below Average').

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying with us and providing feedback on service. We have made the necessary calibrations in Sheraton Club offerings adding a hot item for breakfast as an upgrade.

While in the area, plesae check us out again and experience Sheraton branded service!

John Varghese
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

Having stayed at the Sheraton Rockville just a few months past it is difficult to resist a comparison. Sheraton Washington North is close to the Beltway, Greenbelt and a Metro station. The staff provides free shuttle service to the Metro. It is hard to beat the convenience. The room was nice, clean and comfortable. While some are concerned with the Club lounge staff, we found the young lady amazingly engaged in providing quality service. It could be interpreted as overzealous, but we were delighted with her work ethic and the effort she made in maintaining the room. That said, the food items do not stand up well compared to the food provided at the Sheraton Rockville (although the "space" is much nicer). The hotel is also located at a transportation hub offering little space for walking. In all, we were pleased with the accommodations, the staff and the value and do not hesitate in recommending the Sheraton Washington North.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Ellen M, General Manager at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying with us an providing positive actionable feebback on service experience. We'll provide additional training to Club Lounge Attendant and will revisit menu offerings.

Let me know if I may be of service to you for future stay-

John V
Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012 via mobile

Great hotel just off the beltway. Friendly staff, but some of the wait staff in the club lounge hover over you and look at you funny as if you are not supposed to be in the club lounge if you are not dressed in business attire -- not on a Saturday people!

Still don't like the points or wi-if option come on Sheraton join the club free wi-if is not an award anymore. Otherwise nice hotel for the great value.

• Stayed November 2012
Dear Guest:

Thank you for staying with us and sharing in your service experience feedback. Please accept our apologies for apparent lack of sensitivity displayed by club lounge staff. We will use this information for training purposes to display Sheraton brand values.

Industry leading travel loyalty program Starwood Preferred Guest offer travelers a full range of benefits based on your status; preferred, gold and platinum. Please visit Spg.com for further information on the program benefits.

Thank you for your loyalty- Let me know if I may be of assistance to you for future travel.

John V
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I stayed here for two nights since I had a conference in the DC area, and this was a cheaper option than a lot of the downtown DC hotels. It was about a 30 minute drive to DC and 30 minutes from BWI. The room was clean, but could use a little updating. The area around the hotel seems safe and there was a shopping area across the street with food and convenience items. Once negative was that I had very lukewarm water one of the days I stayed, so I ended up taking a cold shower. Other than that, it's a good deal for the price.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Ellen M, Director of Sales at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
I'm so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you for sharing your experience.

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Yours in Hospitality,
Ellen Mullings
Director of Sales
240.965.4228
emullings@sheratonwashingtonnorth.com
Nottingham, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

The family stayed here for Family Weekend. It was a great hotel near campus with access to restaurants, movies, and of course DC. The room was comfortable and quiet. The front desk staff was excellent! I found a cheaper rate on-line that they honor at check-in. The front desk staff could have told me that they could not help me. But, they took the time to research the rate and did in fact honor it. The hotel even offers a free shuttle to the campus. We found taking the back way to reach campus was easier and quicker than getting back onto I-95. Just watch the camera speed trap on Cherry Hill Road in both directions. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Ellen M, Director of Sales at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. Please don't hesitate to contact me if there is anything I can do to be of service the next time you're in town. We look forward to your future stays with us!

Go Terps!

Yours in Hospitality,
Ellen Mullings
240.965.4228
emullings@sheratonwashingtonnorth.com

Been to Sheraton College Park North Hotel? Share your experiences!