“Left much to be desired; needs renovations” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #2 of 2 hotels in Beltsville
Marietta, Georgia
“Left much to be desired; needs renovations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 6, 2012

I gave this hotel 3 stars because the staff behind the desk tried to be very accommodating. In truth, Sheraton should remove their name from this hotel until renovations are done. We are SPG Gold Members so we have seen many Sheratons. The first room that we were given was disgusting. The carpets could not be walked on and also needed to be stretched because it was buckling in many places. There also appeared to be mold on the walls. The elevator floors also looked like they haven't been cleaned in a long time. The good thing is that we were transferred to the SPG floor and given a suite. While the suite was much cleaner, it could still use some renovation inasmuch as the couch was stained and dirty. We only stayed in the hotel for a couple of hours given that it was just a stop off on our way South. Thankfully. I would have been much more disappointment.

Room Tip: 9th floor SPG Preferred was decent.
Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Ellen M, Director of Sales at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
Thank you very much for your review. I am so sorry that our hotel did not meet your expectations. We have undergone extensive cleaning of our carpets and have addressed all of the concerns that you have mentioned. I would love the opportunity to speak with you in person to make this right for you! Please contact me when you have a moment.

173 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Floral Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

We had two rooms in August. We were on a trip to Washington DC, and it was a 20 min drive from the hotel. Our rooms were clean and well kept for the most part: I did notice the couch in our room was stained. Staff was very friendly. The pool was clean and maintained. We received hot breakfast for free though, and it were tasty: french toast, home fries, fruit, pastries. The restaurant staff was also friendly. All in all, I would stay here again, especially for the price: we paid half of what we would have paid in the DC area. The wi-fi isn't free, which I agree is an issue. It would also be nice if there were better offerings for the TV channels, as even the kids' channels were a premium.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review. We are so pleased that your stay with us was an enjoyable one. We look forward to you staying with us again the next time you are in the area.

I did want to mention that we do offer kids programming complimentary at the hotel. Nickelodeon, Cartoon Network and ABC Family are all complimentary. There is an option for additional children's programming which is $1.99 per day, which may be what you saw. This is for extra channels and movies geared towards children.

Please let me know if there is anything that I can do to be of service.

Thank you again!

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We selected this hotel because of location to a college we needed to drop someone off at. Albert on the front desk was the only thing good about this hotel. We had two rooms and both were filthy and carpets stained. Mold on walls and ceilings. The TV had great snow on half the channels. Rooms very disgusting stay elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012
Thank you so much for your review. I am so sorry that you did not have an enjoyable stay with us. I would love the opportunity to get more specific information on your stay when you have a moment. I want to ensure that everything is addressed for future guests.

I look forward to hearing from you!

Washington DC
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I stay at Sheratons across the country for business, but today after flying home I hit a roadblock due to a bad accident on 95. I had to prepare for a client call so I exited the highway and pulled into the Sheraton on Powder Mill Rd. I sat in the lobby area, worked on my mac to prepare for my meeting, and facilitated the call an hour later. The hotel staff was great - they left me alone to do my work and never hassled me as to why I was there. Thanks Sheraton Washington Hotel North!

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for stopping by! We hope to have you stay with us the next time you are in town!

Take Care!

Pittsburgh, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This Sheraton is a typical 3.5-star hotel.

Positives: Morning lobby coffee & muffins, afternoon lobby cookies

Biggest negative: As with others of a dying breed, this hotel continues to choose to irritate its guests with a policy of charging $9.95/day for in-room wifi. But, at least the lobby computers provide complimentary internet access.

Complaint: It took 2 calls to Guest Services & a half-hour wait to get the proper towels in the bathroom. Seriously, is there any valid excuse for Housekeeping not making sure the towels are correct before making the room avasilable?

Room Tip: Upon arrival, check the supply of towels
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Ellen M, Director of Sales at Sheraton College Park North Hotel, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback on your recent stay! I am so sorry for the problems that you experienced in getting proper towels in your room. This is completely unacceptable and I will share your feedback with our Management Team. I will also share with our team your dissatisfaction with the cost of internet access. Currently, the only complimentary internet access available at the hotel is at The Link which is in our lobby and in our Club Lounge. I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Thank you so much for staying with us and for your feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me if there is anything that I may do to be of service.

Have a great day!

Salt Lake City, Utah
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I have a disability and use a wheelchair. I have traveled to many venues and this hotel provided me with the best accommodations and best customer service I have ever encountered. Everyone at the hotel was extremely supportive and sensitive to my various needs. My food was pureed. I have poor circulation so the heater was adjusted in my individual room even in August!

They helped in securing ground transportation to and from BWI. I could not have been happier with my visit! I highly recommend this property for business!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your feedback. It was our pleasure to be of service! I will share your comments with our entire team. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Have a wonderful day!

Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

Pros: free parking. you can get a good deal if you book on priceline/hotwire. Overall, seems good for the price.

Cons: a bit out of the place, silver spring downtown might be more centrally located. can hear noises from highway.
if you are driving, it is *very easy* to miss the entrance to the hotel, the bad news is that if you miss the entrance, you immediately enter the highway, and you end up making a > 5 mile detour to get back to the hotel -- happened to me a few times.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo

Been to Sheraton College Park North Hotel? Share your experiences!