“Good food, big portions.” 4 of 5 stars

(410) 838-2240
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The Lodge is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #44 of 138 Restaurants in Bel Air
Cuisines: American
Dining style: Casual Dining
Dining style: Casual Dining
Steinwenden, Germany
“Good food, big portions.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2014

They give big portions and I love the patio seating. There was a bit of a wait during their afternoon even though the dining areas were empty.

Albany, New York
“Nice place for specials”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have been at this restaurant three times. We went in Monday evenings when they had their hamburg specials. They are all one price ($7.99) no matter what kind you get (even the $12 one). They run other specials on other days but we haven't tried them. Darker environment inside, but not too dark. Sodas come in miniature pitchers. Great French fries come with burgers. Substitutes were extra. Ski lodge atmosphere which was fun for us skiers. One evening half the table was seated in "lift seat", which was comfortable. One night we sat outside, which was fun, but service for us that particular night was slower. Live music in adjoining outside bar. Very nice. Would definitely go back. Every hamburger choice is unique and delicious. Large portions too.

Visited June 2014
Cedar falls
“Not bad, good food.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

I cam here with a bunch of friendsfor lunch and would come back again. Nothing was bad, it is just average. It does seem to be a popular spot so I may be missing something. If you have not tried it, I would recommend that you at least give it a chance. Again, average but better than the normal chain resturaunt.

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Maryland
“Average Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Second time at this restaurant. Food is largely average. Prices are fairly steep for the quality and quantity. Apparently this place has a very nice bar that is a lot of fun. We were in the dining room which does have a sort of country/lodge feel. Nice interior.

Visited September 2013
“Sooo impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

So I was meeting my niece and sister from Pennsylvania. We needed to find a halfway point. We chose Bel Air so we would have our choice of restaurants. Somehow on Trip Advisor I came across The Lodge. So we made a reservation. When I got there, I was a little taken back because it's road presence isn't the best (not bad, but unsure what to expect). I knew my sister and niece were already inside, so I parked and went in. I was so delighted by what I saw on the inside. The ambience made you feel you were high in the mountains in a ski lodge. Love the ski lift seats! The booths were huge, and fireplaces everywhere! We had a five minute wait so walked to the outside bar. Nice bar!!! We sipped a beer while we stood by one of the many outside fireplaces. We were quickly seated by the friendly hostess. Then our server came over. She was knowledgeable and helpful. We got the rosemary Alpine fries... Out of this world! Then our salad entrees came. We had the pear gargonzola salad and grilled romaine salads to share. We dove into the pear salad and were impressed. It was fresh and tasty. But it wasn't until we hit the grilled romaine salad (recommended by our server), that I knew we found an EXCELLENT meeting spot. I had NEVER had a tastier salad! It was fresh, and the slightly grilled flavor mixed with the cheese, tomatoes, and dressing just went together perfectly. I can't recommend The Lodge enough! After dinner we hung out outside again by the fireplaces and listened to country music while they were offering free mechanical bull riding. We got my niece on to ride. It was sooo much fun. We met great people fireside, as it was a cool spring night. I can highly recommend The Lodge as a fun, friendly, "different" place to go. We will be back!