“Honest and Trustworthy” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Winter Park, Florida
“Honest and Trustworthy”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

My daughter left her wallet, ID, credit cards, and cash in the room didn't realize it until ready to board the plane for home. Called and they said they had it and would ship to us the next day. Got the wallet back with everything intact and staff was very helpful with the shipping and the whole process. Would stay there again without a second thought. Job well done.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Stafford, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

I have stayed at the Country Inn & Suites in Bel Air several times when traveling for business. Every time my initial impression of the place is outstanding, the lobby is very clean, a comfortable surrounding and looks like a place where you would want to stay. The staff is great, very attentive, and pleasant to deal with. I am always comfortable with my stay there I know that the next time my work requires me to travel in this area, this is exactly the place where I will stay.
John R.

Abingdon, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Had a great experience at Country Inn. The room was a great size, it was very clean and the staff were helpful. Breakfast was delicious too. I will definitely be staying there again and would highly recommend it to visiting family and friends.

• Stayed May 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

I enjoyed a three-night stay at this Country Inn & Suites in Bel Air, MD. Having driven all the way from Wisconsin, I really appreciated how welcome I felt upon check-in. The staff was very attentive and accommodating to my needs. I know the place was busy, but you'd never know from the calm and quiet, which really helped me relax after each day full of training - which was the purpose of my visit. The little extra touches - like the room greetings from front desk and housekeeping staff - added to the homey, welcoming environment. I felt like I could come and go with ease while also knowing the staff was there to help ensure my comfort. Actually, my great customer service experience began before I even arrived - when I was shopping around for rates. Thank you for making my stay a great one!

Emerald Isle, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

Had a excellent stay here at the end of April 2014. Staff was friendly and helpful, they even let us use a cell phone charger to charge up our phone, since we left one of ours at home. Room was clean, comfortable and quiet. Breakfast was a good variety and everything was kept well stocked. We would definitely stay here again, no doubt.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

Recently we needed to book a room for one night in the Bel Air, MD area to attend our grandchildren's dance recital. We had never stayed at a County Inn and their location was perfect, so we made the call. From the first moment of setting-up the reservation to the express check-out, everything was perfect - yes, PERFECT! The bed was so comfortable, the bathroom so clean and a "REAL" shower that was a pleasure to use. In the morning I worked out in the clean, well-equipped gym. We finished off with a delicious complimentary breakfast that hit the spot, The price was an outstanding value for all we received. Simply put, our stay was great! Value, comfort, cleanliness and service - Comfort Inn had it all! Thanks for a terrific weekend! GK

Room Tip: Book early - this hotel fills-up fast!
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Atlantic Highlands, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

My company booked the conference room for a 12 hour workshop. The room itself was good. It met our needs. It was quiet and there was a bathroom right outside of it. We had asked for a projector screen and flipcharts. They were not set up when we got there, but the staff got them in the room reasonably quickly. I had to set up the screen because the staff didn't know how. Not a big problem. We were told the breakfast was only for hotel guests (only one of our party of 8 was a hotel guest), but that the dinner was open to everyone. I even asked more than once to be sure, because it seemed odd that there was one policy for breakfast and a different policy for dinner, but I was assured that dinner was open to everyone in our group. I'll admit it was a mistake for me to not get that in writing, but you'd like to think that you can trust hospitality organizations. When it came time for dinner, the staff at the front desk hassled us about eating. Of course, the employee who booked the event was not there. So the front desk staff eventually backed off and we ate. To make matters a little worse, the food was poor (Chef Boyardee quality).

The following day I sent an email to the hotel's sales director to thank her for accommodating us and just to let her know we had a few minor issues. I received back an argumentative email stating that dinner would never be offered free of additional charge to people renting out the conference room and she would never have promised any such thing to me. She went on to state that the hotel staff told her the room had been "trashed". That's a harsh word. That might indicate overturned tables, broken dishes, and trash strewn about the room. We had ordered 3 pizzas and salads for lunch, and left the empty pizza boxes on one table. There was another table where the hotel had provided us coffee, tea, cookies, and bottled water. We left some plates and silverware from dinner there. We threw out napkins, paper cups, plastic forks, etc. Doesn't a hotel expect that there would be some cleanup after a 12 hour meeting, and don't they have staff that routinely take care of that? I've stayed in a lot of hotels and have never heard staff complain about having to throw out a pizza box or take away dirty dishes.

This is not how you treat or respond to customers. Now I know why this was the least expensive option in the area. You get what you pay for.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
countryinnbelair, Manager at Country Inn & Suites - Bel Air East, responded to this review, May 1, 2014
My dearest guest, as the director of sales said on her call: sorry, sorry, and sorry and sorry again. She said that after every one of your 3 reviews pasted on all sites. I can see that you are angry, and I understand your point, truly. However, I would like to explain to you and other readers that the hotel has a point of view. As a rule, meeting room guests have meeting room amenities, hotel guests have hotel guests amenities. Meeting room amenities are spelled out in the contract and they vary. It is according to these contracts that we plan our operation. But as our Front Desk agent explained, no problem, go ahead, no hard feelings.

As explained on another site in which you posted your review, director of sales experienced a tragic event, truly tragic. She was not there on the day of the meeting, and we failed to provide the screen as we should have. It was immediately corrected, as you graciously noted, and thank you for that. The following day, she explained the procedure. Distraught over a personal tragedy, she did write about the trash in the room. No, she should not have said that, and no, we should not ask you to understand, you are the guest. This is only an attempt to explain that this is not a trend at our hotel, and that our service is exceptional any given time. And the director of sales did apologize, a hundred times over. And, here, on behalf of all of us, apologies again.

Been to Country Inn & Suites - Bel Air East? Share your experiences!