“Very satisfied frequent guest” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
Davenport, Iowa
“Very satisfied frequent guest”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I have visited Bel Air, MD on business two or three week a month for the last four years and will likely continue to do so for some time. After staying at several other hotels in the area, I was thrilled to find this hotel. The rooms are consistently clean and comfortable and the housekeeping staff is very conscientious in their efforts to keep them well cared for. The beds are very comfortable and are made up with a generous comforter, a feature which I highly value yet find in very few other hotels. Many nights I sleep better at this hotel than I do at home. The one thing that most impressed me, and the reason I will continue to make this hotel my home away from home, is the staff who I find especially friendly and accommodating. Among them, Kristy excels in her ability to make each and every guest feel at home and like a welcomed member of the family. The care and attention to detail the staff demonstrate in caring for hotel guests makes this hotel my most favored place to stay.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

Country Inn and Suites in Bel Air, MD offered everything we needed on our long drive. They had a salad and taco fixings when we arrived in the evening and a wonderful breakfast in the morning. The room was Squeeky clean and the WIFI worked perfectly. The staff was so helpful and checked with us to be sure all was well.

• Stayed August 2013
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel off and on for an extended time now. I keep staying because of the great people and service. They treat you like family.
It make my extended time away from home for business really nice.

Torrance
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

Over the last six months, this Country Inn has become a second home to me. The level of service and attention given here is amazing! The front desk staff check on you regularly to ensure your satisfaction and the housekeeping crew are very considerate about their early morning cleaning duties (I prefer to sleep in when I can, so I enjoy the extra quiet time). The hotel is fairly close to APG, for those working on post. Overall, the rooms are clean, and I am able to get enough rest to get my work duties done. Anyone who stops in here will be pleasantly surprised by the value this hotel provides.

Sierra Vista, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I'm a Marriot guy, and use to stay at the Springhill Suites next door - until one time they were full, so I ended up at this Country Inn & Suites. They treated me so well, I felt guilt on my next business trip when I stayed at Springhill Suites. I've been staying at this Country Inn ever since - about once a month, since last year. My latest trip was 16 - 19 July. Excellent as usual, providing me a room at the last minute. They are so good to everyone. Ask for Christie - she will take care of you like family.

Holmdel, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Enjoyed my stay at this brillant country inn every week. The staff were wonderful, always make you feel that you are part of the BIG family, especiall the warm HUGs from Kristy! The room was spotlessly clean and the grounds were well kept. the home made 'cookie' are always my favorite. Country Inn & Suites always makes me feel that I'm home again...

Room Tip: ask for Kristy's help...
Grand Rapids, Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Great location...but when I reserved my room I requested a non-smoking room, when we arrived the only room left was a smoking room. We had fre-breeze and I thought we would be OK but it was much worse than we expected. We requested that the house keeper replace the pillows, sheets and comforters since they smelled like smoke. As far as I could tell this did not happen.

The breakfast was terrible salty biscuits and gravy one morning and egg pucks and corned beef hash the next morning all very salty. The oat meal was thick and gopey and tasted like paste.

We used the pool and it needed to be cleaned and trash needed to be picked up around the pool as well. There were multiple hotel employees that hung out just outside the pool area smoking at all times. Then while we were there one of the employees and his wife and 3 kids decided they were going to use the pool. I do not think that employees and their families should be using the pool at a hotel.

The shared bathrooms on the first floor did not have soap in their dispensers when we were there.

Then when we checked out we had to deal with Bridget...she is extremely rude and disrespectful. I had to request a receipt for my stay and she made some noise like I was interrupting what ever she was doing. Then after she gave me the receipt I asked if this was the price for two days and she snottily said "YES it has tax on it too!." Then she stated that I had to sign the other receipt even though she was not planning on getting me a receipt to begin with.

As soon as I signed the receipt she stomped away and went outside to smoke a cigarette.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
countryinnbelair, Manager at Country Inn & Suites - Bel Air East, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
So sorry to hear of your experience and our hotel and I do wish you contact us to discuss this issue. Since I do not know your name, I can not look up the details of the stay. I do know, that we do not switch rooms to smoking rooms, any room reserved is reserved as is, so we should not have had " just smoking left," unless this is the room type reserved.

I thank you for commenting on the breakfast and pointing out that the consistency of the oatmeal that day was not the best that it could be, and we will pay more attention to that.
The egg patties and hash are actually a favorite of guests here. They are prepared by a distributors to the taste and reviews of hotel guests in general.

Our staff are truly the best, and mentioned in numberous reviews as superb. At times perceptions are formed and we are not aware of how we are perceived.I thank you for bringing it to our attention.

By the way, we do not have a male employee , married with three children. It must have been an error.

If there is anything we can do for you, please call us.

Been to Country Inn & Suites - Bel Air East? Share your experiences!