“Marriott has gone Best Western” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Bel Air
Clinton, Mississippi
“Marriott has gone Best Western”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Were do I start... I get a Executive Suite room without internet connection (DSL). Bathroom looked like a Motel bathroom.
I get a new room bc of the internet situation... worst, the internet didnt work properly and when I called front Desk they told me that I needed to call their internet provider, directly, meaning im the one waiting on the phone fot the troubleshoot service.
Bathtub was wear out and it had rust stains. Around the edges the caulkin had mold.
Room carpet had paint stains and it was coming off of the corners.
TV is in a wall that for you to be able to watch TV you need to turn it to the side and watch from a angle. Its not in front of the bed.
Breakfast is good!

• Stayed May 2014
Anna T, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Edgewood Aberdeen, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Dear Deb S,
Thank you for sharing your opinion and bringing up your concerns to our attention. We appreciate guest feedback and take criticism as an opportunity to improve. I do apologize for the problems you have experienced with your room. I understand how important it is for our guests to have good internet connection to get their work done. We are currently working on improving internet services to make sure that our guests have problem free stay. We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of service you deserve. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast. And we would like to invite you back so we will have an opportunity to serve you better.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Islip, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had a one night stay last week and were disappointed with the service. The hotel is going through some renovations so that may account for some of the issues. The website should indicate when renovation are going on. We were given a room on the third floor and on the way up noticed elevator rug needed to be vaccumed and there were greasy finger prints on the elevator panel. Got of at third floor and there was furniture filling the hall and workers banging and putting things together. When we got to the room it was under construction. We went back down and the 2 confused clerks looked at their computer and then gave us another room on the 2nd floor. We proceeded back up again carrying clothes on hangers and suitcases and when we got to the room it reeked of cigarette smoke. Went back down again and asked for a non-smoking room and were told they are all non smoking. Told them the room stinks and then a sales manager came out and tried to help. She went upstairs to check the next room before we went up again. So the third room was Ok.
Next morning went to their free breakfast. The waffle machine had batter burnt and stuck to it. My husband went to the desk to advise.that it was unusable. Some women came out and scrapped off most of the burnt batter but she left the mess on the counter ! Gross !
There was no sign on how to operate the machine, spray, turn the handle etc. There was no pepper in the pepper shaker. Most serve yourself hotel breakfasts have someone constantly in the room, cleaning replenishing etc. No such thing at this hotel.
We haven't stayed in a Marriott in awhile, although we are reward members. If this is the best they can do , I don't think i will go back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Anna T, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Edgewood Aberdeen, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear IslandgirlNY50
Thank you for your feedback on your stay with us at SpringHill Suites. We are very sorry you were unhappy with our guest rooms and service. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we try hard to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding stay
I’ve taken your comments to our staff so that we can make improvements to servicing our rooms and breakfast area. We just started our renovation to get a brand new look and we apologize for any inconveniences that we may have caused. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to examine refresh options. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.
Centreville, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

Where to start. Easy check in then it went downhill. After running the gauntlet of all the housekeeping staff congregated in the lobby surrounding the elevator I was able to get to my room where upon entering I was surprised - I thought I stepped back into the 80's at a Motel 6 for a moment. I stepped over to the bed and set down my bags and since I needed to work I took out my laptop and proceeded to the desk. By the way, the room layout is very disjointed. Typically, if a wired internet is available I use that (personal preference) and there was the ubiquitous Ethernet cable (without the usual broken tab) so I was encouraged. When I attempted to connect however there seemed to be no connection. I investigated and found the cable was disconnected from the wail so I attempted to plug the cable back into the wall Ethernet port only to find the outlet was broken tend the port was pushed so far into the wall space that plugging it in was impossible. So, default to wireless.

Got connected in the usual fashion then adjusted the chair and settled in to do some work. As I scooted in close to the desk the entire desk began to wobble - lo and behold, both of the right legs on the desk were barely attached, screws fell out onto the floor, and the entire desk took to leaning. (Did I mention the furniture appears to be from the 1980's??? At this point I start to look more critically at the rest of the room. The carpet is patched together and somewhat dirty, the towels were the usual thin and non-absorbent ones, the only apparent positive looking thing about the room was the bed looked very inviting. Appearances are deceiving. I use a medical device when I sleep but there are no outlets near the bed. You know, the typical modern hotel has outlets in the light fixture for all our devices - oh that's right, I'm back in the 80's. After moving the nightstand away from the wall to get power I then laid down. It was like being on a cloud. Nice you say? Wrong, it was like a cloud in that there was no support. I think actually I was touching the box springs under the mattress since it was softer than most pillows.

I attempted the breakfast in the morning but the eggs were so low quality I spit them out and there were no breakfast meats. I would have added salt, pepper and ketchup to the eggs in an attempt to improve the flavor but the pepper grinder had salt in it as did the salt shaker and while there were about seven bottles of hot sauce there wasn't a drop of ketchup to be found.

Now, to be fair, had the rate been say $89 I might have though "I got what I paid for", but the rate was $169!! Can anyone spell "ripoff"??

Marriott used to mean quality and consistency but this was the latest in a string of, by comparison, minor issues at other properties. Sad to say, I have been loyal to Marriott for multiple decades but Hilton is starting to look better...

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!! Heck, sleep in your car.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Anna T, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Edgewood Aberdeen, responded to this review, May 6, 2014
Thank you very much for taking your time to write a review about our hotel. I am very sorry to hear that your stay was below satisfaction. We appreciate your comment and we are taking all necessary steps to correct the faults you have mentioned. As a Marriott standard, we are required to renovate every 6 years. The room segment of our hotel is currently under renovation at this time. We are looking forward to introducing the new design concept that will appeal to our guest. It would be our pleasure if you stay with us again so that we can make that stay a perfect one.
Neptune City, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014

Can't say enough great things. Just a quick family getaway. Hotel immaculate, rooms were great. Staff was most accomodating I have encountered in a long time. Breakfast has so many choices, if you can't find something, you must have a problem. Every area in the hotel was clean. Beds were very comfortable. Pricing was great for the size of the suite. Will definitely return. Thank you for a great experience.

Green Features: They are going green and it is clearly posted in your room and around the hotel.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Huntsville, AL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2014

This property is in close proximity to the heavily travelled I-95 corridor and a number of near-by restaurants. The hotel offers a buffet breakfast that will satisfy those morning cravings. The rooms are relatively quiet considerimg the closeness of the interstate highway. The bad news...it must have been the luck of the draw that I was assigned a room with two non-functional televisions. One in the sleeping area lacked an operable remote and the one in the living area had poor connectivity. The remote for the living area would not work with the other TV. When I tried to call the front desk I discovered the telephone jack at the wall broken and had to be held in place to properly function. Attempts by maintenance folks to fix the issues were unsuccessful. I could have been moved to another room but already being unpacked, passed on the offer. I recommend a pass on staying at this property as there are sufficient alternatives nearby. If you must, keep your stay short at this property.

Room Tip: To ensure a more quiet room, seek one on the front side of the property and away from floors housing...
Green Features: I do not consider a hotel's environmental practices when evaluating properties.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Anna T, Manager at SpringHill Suites by Marriott Edgewood Aberdeen, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
Thank you very much for sharing your experience and bringing up the issue to our attention. I do apologize for inconveniences you had during your stay. I would like to assure that it is not a common issue for our hotel and we addressed and resolved the situation. I understand how it effected your stay but I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you.
Hope Mills, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

We have stayed here a couple of times. Staff always friendly. We get a handicapped room which is great. This past stay the breakfast lady approached me and asked what I would like. I am handicapped and really appreciated this helpful service. Will definitely be back.

Room Tip: Rooms are large. Quiet on back side of hotel. Handicapped room is big and perfect with a roll-in sho...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

I stayed here for two nights with the family. The hotel was a convenient location to the wedding festivities we were attending for the weekend.
The indoor pool was a big hit with my three kids.
The staff was professional and friendly.
Great to see Marriott consistency in quality.

• Stayed February 2014

Been to SpringHill Suites by Marriott Edgewood Aberdeen? Share your experiences!