“Not what it used to be” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Pairings Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #10 of 117 Restaurants in Bel Air
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Bistro
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Dessert, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: RT 924
Bel Air, Maryland
“Not what it used to be”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2015

This used to be one of my favorite places to eat, but lately, I've been disappointed. The last time I was here was in February. Service here has never been great, but this time it was bad. It took our server 10 minutes before he took our drink order. He then took the drink orders for a party of 16. Needless to say, this took a bit of time and we were understanding, but then he filled the drink orders for this table first. My husband ordered a craft beer, but the other table got the last one. I think he realized that he couldn't handle both tables, so he asked someone else to help out and take care of us. This server was much better. The food was good, but not as good as it use to be and there was a problem with my husbands dish. He ordered a seafood pasta dish. It was cold. Not lukewarm, but cold. Some of the seafood was still a bit frozen. He brought it to the attention of our server, but when it came back, it was warm and there was a piece of seafood that was still cold! We told our server again. Usually most places will comp that dish, but not here. We used to go here quite often, but after being disappointed after this visit plus the visits previous to this, we have decided to wait a few months before giving it another try. If we are disappointed then, I think we will give up on this place. It's a shame because we used to love this place.

• 3 of 5 stars Food

“Not a Good Experience”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2015

I'm not normally one to complain about a restaurant experience...But, we were so dissatisfied with the food and service at Pairings (especially for the price,) that I feel obligated to post a review. We had reservations, but still had to wait 20 minutes to be seated. We were seated in a small room that was so loud we could barely hear our server, let alone each other during the meal. They brought me the wrong soup, and the waitress did not at any point ask how the food was or if we needed anything. Then our entrees were subpar-under seasoned, poorly executed...I was very hungry but couldn't even bring myself to finish half of my food. I'm honestly not exaggerating. I did enjoy the wine...but that's about it.

Visited March 2015
Bel Air, Maryland, United States
“Local AMAZING food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2015

Seriously! You need to go to Pairings. I always celebrate great events, or even just great happiness here because the meals are always so fun and exciting! The desserts are the absolute best too!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Bel Air, Maryland
“Pairing Bistro - A hidden gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2015

Tucked away unobtrusively in a small strip mall, Pairings Bistro serves a unique menu accompanied by excellent wines in a warm and friendly atmosphere.

I have now been twice, and both times was pleasantly surprised by the menu offerings. I had "Cajun Shrimp and Grits" for my first visit, and "Stuffed Local Chicken Breast" at the second. Both were wonderfully flavorful and satisfying.

But what is more unusual are the wine pairings recommended for the meals. They recommend that you have Velvet Devil Merlot with the Stuffed Chicken Breast. Most restaurants would pair a white wine with the Chicken, but the flavors in the chicken stood up quite well to the Merlot.

Highly recommended!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Abingdon, Maryland
“Great Local Place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2015

I remember when they opened. They have continued to get better and better. Now they have outside, (heated) seating. The atmosphere inside is very nice. Have came for lunch a few times. The food is really good. Staff is great. A little pricey but a great place for a lunch meeting or date night.

• Visited October 2014