“Indian food option in Bel Air” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 136 Restaurants in Bel Air
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Fine Indian Dining Restaurant. Huge Lunch buffet and Variety of kabob selection to choose from.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Indian food option in Bel Air”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

The owners seem to be pretty good people, and my wife and I love indian. This is THE indian option in town. The food is pretty good. Being born english, I feel I am an afficionado in the curry world, and I love a good spicy curry. They tend to under spice the foods here, probably to make the american market happy, but overall the food is very good (you just have to ask for them to spice it up).
The service is impeccable, and it is a clean restaurant. I like this place a lot.

Visited July 2012

belair
“i really joy with this restureant & blace decurats”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My husband and I were driving home from AC and were searching on tripadvisor for a place to eat. We finally decided on having the lunch buffet here... I'm definitely glad we stopped and we will make it a "regular" on our way home.

When you first walk in, I thought the buffet would be slim picking. My husband and I were pleasantly surprised. They had a large selection and the qualify was top notch. By far the best foods were the vegetable dishes.

Since I don't know all the names of the dishes, I would highly recommend this place and will visit again.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Good food, slow service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

Nice comfortable atmosphere, good food, but waiters a bit slow and I do so hate to wait beyond what I believe is a reasonable time. Interesting lunch and weekend buffet as well. Once we arrived at 5PM on a week day when they officially open for dinner, and the heat was not on, cooking had not started. They offered too many excuses, such as, "it's only 5 PM, " etc. Dinner took forever, about 45 minutes waiting time. We never returned after that.

Visited November 2011
Baltimore, Maryland
“Even Better than Before...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2012

We have eaten here several times the last couple of years. Last weekend we returned because the Indian food has always been decent. There is a smaller menu than in the past and the food was superb. The restaurant was closed for a short while some months back for remodeling and I believe there are new people in charge. We don't like our food very spicy hot and the kitchen was accommodating. We had chicken in a creme sauce and roasted vegetable (naveratan korma) dishes and both were outstanding. The Kashmiri Pulao rice with nuts, fruits and saffron is very nice side dish.The cardamon indian style ice cream is a real treat for dessert.

• Visited April 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
“Good food, Great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Finding "Sizzling Bombay" was not easy, tucked between a Vocelli's Pizza and Merle Norman's, but we were pleased with the spicy food (which they will adjust on a scale of 1 -- 10), cleanliness, and generous portions. We used the "Entertainment" card, which gives you $10 off, but we liked the meal enough to come back, even without the discount. We drove north on Belair Road, right onto Rt. 24, and eventually a left onto Belair Parkway South. Go past Arby's and many other prominent chain restaurants, and turn left, heading for Vocelli's (which you can see from the road). "Sizzling Bombay" is right beside it. Service was quick, efficient and very friendly. Prices are reasonable. Enjoy!

• Visited April 2012