“Service isn't what it used to be” 2 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romance, Doing business, Special occasions, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Dinner, Reservations
Abingdon, MD
“Service isn't what it used to be”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

To give it a fair shot I waited for 3 visits in a row to go badly before writing this review. We had visited Bonefish a couple times a month when they first opened. It was pretty good for a chain and became our "go to place" when we wanted low stress and no issues. Even did Christmas Eve and birthdays. Management changed and it was still good. Then it changed again and it's been downhill ever since.

Two of the last 3 times at least twice we had to remind our server that we wanted bread. Twice one of our dinners came out overcooked so one of us had to eat alone and the other play catch up. The last time my dinner was mistakenly given to another table so again my husband and I had to eat separately (on our anniversary). On all 3 visits we got an "I apologize for that" but no offer of compensation or even a visit from the manager.

The planters were moved (I guess to make room to cram more people in) so it feels like you are sitting at the same table with your neighbor. Impossible to have a private conversation. Service has gotten inconsistent and sloppy. There was a time when special occasions were acknowledged. We made a reservation requesting a quiet booth for our anniversary and reminded the hostess when we arrived. There were open booths but were told there were no servers available for them at the time so were seated at a crowded table. Our server didn't even mention it or ask. My husband told him we were celebrating our anniversary and he he said "cool". And that was the end of it.

The hostesses look like cheaply dressed teenagers, are inattentive and the manager dresses as sloppy as the service so it really doesn't even have the feel of a better restaurant any more to redeem it.

We are searching for a new place since it doesn't look like improvement is coming ... Unless of course management changes again.

Abingdon, Maryland
“Over priced”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Food was balnd. Typical of chain restaurants. Overpriced. Great marketing but not worth the dollars paid.

Visited November 2012
bel air
“Business Occasion”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

In todays times I would think that a restaurant would welcome all customers whether eating in or carry out business. I tried 3 times to spend my money at Bonefish and was told 3 times the manager would call me back. I was told 2 times that he was too busy to come to the phone or call me back. Needless to say I called another local restaurant and they couldn't have been more helpful to accomodate me for my business.I can't rate the food because I never got the chance to place an order but if its anything like the service I am sure I would not be satisfied.The owner should take a lesson in customer service.

• Visited January 2013
Bel Air, Maryland
“Fish lovers enjoy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012

Bonefish is a pretty up scale fish joint, not like some others. We enjoy the nice, quiet, classy atmosphere. The waitresses, waiters dress in white "chef like" uniforms and treat you special. The dishes are always presented nicely and the desserts are fantastic. I'm a key lime pie type of gal and i'd say theirs is one the best!

Visited October 2012
Bel Air, Maryland
“Birthday dinner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

My wife and I stopped in for my birthday. We had the bang-Bang shrimp for and appetizer. I had the shrimp tacos and my wife had a burger. Since we ate our dinner during happy hour we received a discount on our meal. Our waitress was excellent.

• Visited November 2012