We stayed at the Stage Neck after just over two weeks of travelling in the US(staying at five star luxe hotel in Manhattan and then Relais et Chateaux in Newport RI and an old country "grande dame" hotel in New Hampshire) . I would disagree with some of your reviewers in two major ways- service and decor/amenity. I wonder if it is possible that the hotel has been refurbished since those reviews ? We were with another couple and having booked late we all needed to change rooms during our stay to achieve the nights we wanted, so we had an opportunity to see harbor view ,harbor view corner and ocean view corner rooms. They were all excellent, in terms of size,decor and amenities- they looked newly decorated. All had a deck and access to lawn. The beds were extremely comfortable- either king or two doubles. Each room had a fridge, towelling robes .coffee maker, iron and board etc.
We all had spa treatments in the newly opened Spa ( it has been open a month) which is a very nice facility with friendly and competent therapists.
The public areas are extremely comfortable and appear to have been recently refurbished. We had bad weather during our stay and were grateful for somewhere comfortable to spend time during thunderstorms. On one bad day complimentary tea coffee etc was set out in the lounge and refreshed regularly morning lunchtime and tea time ( on regular days this is available morning and afternoon - the latter with cookies). In addition residents have half price cocktails served with complimentary cheese and crackers everyday from 3 to 7 pm. The management is very solicitous and we found service to be very good at the front desk, housekeeping and in the bar. Sometimes the restaurant service did not live up to this but it was never really bad( and we were comparing this to good Manhattan restaurants and a Relais et Chateaux hotel).
We recommend eating breakfast a la carte rather than having the breakfast buffet . This was not expensive and unless you eat a huge breakfast it will not be more expensive. The a la carte was freshly prepared and as good as we had anywhere during our stay.
The lunch /casual dining/room service menu was absolutely fine but dinner was less good. We would recommend using the many excellent restaurants in Cape Neddick or the Yorks for dinner.
All in all we completely understand why most of our fellow guests keep going back to the Inn . It has a stunning location excellent roomsand amenities at a reasonable price and helpful staff who want to make your stay memorable and pleasant. From the Inn there are several pleasant walks including into the old town of York which has a number of historic buildings and the York Harbor beach is 1 minute away. IF the weather is good there is no real need to move too far from the hotel ( it has a good outdoor pool and tennis courts too) particularly if you have young children.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Stage Neck Inn is situated on a peninsula, surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean, The York River, and York Harbor. One of only 13 properties in the country to have consistently earned AAA’s Four Diamond Award since 1976, there are extensive amenities for the size of the resort … indoor and outdoor pools, a beach, clay tennis courts, 18-hole golf, a day spa, two restaurants, lounge, and deluxe guest rooms with private baths and great views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Hotels.com and Jetsetter so you can book your Stage Neck Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Stage Neck Hotel York Harbor
- Inn Maine Neck Stage York
- Stage Neck Inn York Harbor, Maine
- Stage Neck York Harbor