“Well Be Back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Long Beach Motor Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in York Beach
Long Beach Motor Inn
You added Long Beach Motor Inn to your Saves list
Box 615, York Beach, York, ME 03910   |
Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in York Beach
“Well Be Back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2006

No.Attleboro,Ma. WE'LL BE BACK ! We have been coming to York Beach for 25 years and better and in that time we have stayed at several places. Now we will look no further. The Long Beach Motor Inn is by far the best stop on the beach. The rooms are as well kept as the grounds. I think the Grossmans have thought of everything. You will find a paper in the door every morning and music at the pool in the afternoon. Familys with children will find this place ideal, there is grass to play on with shuffleboard and of course the heated pool for those of you who can't get used to Maine water. It is also ideal for couples who are looking for some alone time,peaceful and quite. There is one complaint... we had to go home. I would like to thank the Grossmans for their high standards and shareing their home with us. We also enjoyed the stories and pictures the Grossmans shared with us that showed what hard work can achieve. Keep up the great work you do and are looking forward to our next visit. Diane and Denis

• Stayed July 2006

Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2006

I visit the York Beach Motor Inn on the beach of the atlantic ocean every year and would not consider any other hotel, Inn or resort in Maine. A great experince on the ocean, very clean, beautiful veiw and polite and accommodating staff. Everything you would want from a great vacation that is located near all points of interest that York has to offer. You would be cheating yourself of a great experience in York Beach Maine not to enjoy staying with the Grossman family@York Beach Motor Inn.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2006

Exceeding impeccable Long Beach Motor Inn

My family spent 4 nights in early August 2005 at the long beach Motor Inn .We found the long beach motor inn by accident .

Once at the Long Beach Motor inn it was like night & Day ! Every thing i could ever expect and so much more .
The flowers gardening is absolutely beautiful . No other place on York Beach could even come close to their beauty ! We walked the the complete beach and nothing comes close to the Long Beach Motor Inn . We felt safe swimming in their pool . Love their security ! The grounds are so relaxing you truly feel at home !

We are returning the 1st week in August for 6 days and can't wait to enjoy the beautiful York Beach !!!! Keep up the spectacular work Long Beach Motor Inn . Truly the hospitality leaders above and beyond everyone else on York Beach !

• Stayed August 2005
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2006

Reading the negative reviews on this hotel really hits home because several years ago, when my children were young, we were staying in York at the Anchorage Inn. We walked next door to the Long Beach Motor Inn to admire the property and inquire about rates for a possible future stay there. There was a woman sitting in a chair outside the office who is the same "woman" on the phone that the negative posters have spoken to. I am also sure that this same woman is the owner. When we saw her, she had her arms folded, no smile or even a hello, and was definitely not welcoming us onto her property. She was extremely rude to us, and my young children were nervous as they had never really met someone like her before.

A couple of years ago I saw the Long Beach Motor Inn listed on the web site of the York Chamber of Commerce so thought maybe there was a new owner and called to ask about rates. It was the same woman we had talked to when we visited the first time who answered the phone this time. She was not friendly nor welcoming and gave me the rate. I started to say, Thank you, I will get back to you…", .and she HUNG UP on me also before I could finish!

We still vacation in York, my children are much older now, and now we can laugh about the rude woman at the Long Beach Motor Inn. When we drive by there, we always look for her chair outside the office, and many times it is there, sometimes with her sitting in it!

• Stayed May 2004
Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2006

I agree with others, a wondeful and great place to stay. I am a returning customer for years now and just love this Inn. It is always clean, neat, tidy: a perfect place to stay with or without children. YOU FEEL LIKE A WELCOMED GUEST! The owners are friendly and very personable. The pool is spectacular, crystal clear. Stay here, you will never regret it at all. Thumbs up and and A+++++++++++++++++++!

• Stayed June 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2006

I called to get rate and availability information in March for a June stay at the Long Beach because their website does not have this information (when you click on the link you get an error screen). The woman who answered the phone would not give me any information, just told me to go to their website. I explained the information was not available and she reluctantly took down my address to send me a brochure. I called again three weeks later because I hadn't receive anything from the Long Beach and this is my exact conversation with the same woman:
I said, " I am calling to get rates and availability for late June." The woman said," You have called here several times and I told you to get that from our website." I then said, "I tried that and it is not working so I am calling to get it from you." Then I heard a click - the woman HUNG UP ON ME! I called back and she picked up the phone and immediately HUNG IT UP AGAIN! So I booked the 10 rooms I needed for a family reunion in June from an Ogonquit motel that was more than willing to give me the information I needed. The Long Beach wins the award for the Worst Customer Service in Lodging History.

• Stayed March 2006
Montreal
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2005

We travel quite a bit out on the West Coast but this year we decided to hit Maine and spent a few days in York Beach. Stayed at the Long Beach Motor Inn .The place was great, felt just like home , we could have stayed for ages . The Price was right and the Inn is located in a great area ,near the coast with a great view. Absolutely loved the Inn , we coming back for more next year. You really can't go wrong with this place , for those of you like us who have never been to Maine before you will be very pleasantly surprised I am sure. Enjoy !!

• Stayed September 2005

Been to Long Beach Motor Inn? Share your experiences!