“Don't miss this place” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert
Orlando, Florida
“Don't miss this place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

They still make the taffy where you can watch from the window outside. There are all sorts of different flavors. They also have other candy, a restaurant and ice cream. Probably the best & freshest saltwater taffy you'll find!

Visited August 2013

78% Recommend
Wynantskill, New York
“so so”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2013

First let me start by saying that watching the taffy being made is a must do however I was not impressed with the food at all. Also for kids not a very lot to choose from. I had a burger and slaw. The burger was like a puck and the slaw had no taste to it...also if you are travling with elderly people of handicapped people they will not be able to use the bathroom which is up at the top of a very steep set of stairs.

Visited August 2013
Ogunquit, Maine
“The Best on the Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

The Goldenrod is a classic. Great food, great staff. Excellent service. The Goldenrod has fantastic homemade ice cream and salt water taffy. Highly recommend it for all!

Visited September 2013
Adana, Turkey
“Do not walk, R.U.N. to Goldenrod for their *Kisses*!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2013

I've never had kisses (salt water taffy) this good in my life! Having said that, I must admit I've not been to Goldenrod, nor have I eaten a meal there, but the Excellent Rating is what the Kisses deserve.

I'm presently stationed in Turkey and a colleague went to Maine to visit family, brought some Kisses back, and now I'm addicted.

Think I'd fly there myself to get a stash... if only there were military hops to ME!!

[yeah, I make a meal of the Kisses. They're that good. But my guilty conscience dictates now that I get some real food...]!

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Gardner, Massachusetts
“Wonderful things don't change - and shouldn't!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've been going here over 40 years, and I'm so happy to return to this warm and comfortable place summer after summer. Each and every time, that hamburger club is waiting for me, and never disappoints. This is my happy place, somewhere I take my children to, and hopefully someday will return with my grandchildren. Every summer brings some old and some new faces in the wait-staff, people eager to please and attentive. Thanks, Goldenrod, for making me feel forever young.

• Visited September 2013