We spent one night here during our drive down the coast of Maine. I am glad to report we only had to spend one night here.
I'm really confused about the website as the pictures do not accurately reflect the room we were assigned in the least bit. I'd like to know where those nice rooms on the website are located.
Upon checking in, there were no parking spots. There were children running around everywhere and the building looked like an old sea side motel. It was pretty worn down and there were disgusting stains and what looked like either gum or chew or spit on the carpet in the stairwell.
The rooms had a great view of the beach and ocean but the room left much to be desired. The bathroom was tiny. My brother in-law who is 6ft could barely fit in the bathroom. There was NO cell phone service and the Wi-Fi that they claimed to have wasn't able to be connected at all during our stay.
Overall, I would rate this as a very disappointing hotel. I have no idea how a family would stay in those rooms for an extended stay. And the website truly does not match the rooms in any way shape or form.
If there was an updated version of the rooms somewhere, we clearly missed them.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 202 Room Ocean Front Hotel with 2 indoor, 1 outdoor seasonal pool with slide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com and Priceline so you can book your Anchorage Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Anchorage Hotel York Beach
- Anchorage Resort York Beach
- Anchorage Inn York Maine
- Anchorage Inn Maine/York - York Beach