“A complete makeover!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lighthouse Inn and Carriage House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in York Beach
Lighthouse Inn and Carriage House
You added Lighthouse Inn and Carriage House to your Saves list
20 Nubble Road, PO Box 249, York Beach, York, ME 03910   |
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in York Beach
Worcester, Massachusetts
“A complete makeover!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

After multiple stays at the Lighthouse Inn and Carriage House in previous years, my party and I experienced a horrible time under the ownership of RANDAL! He was a scary man who belittled out party and almost got into a physical altercation with one of our guests by pointing his nubby finger in an 18 year-olds face....the cops needed to be called. We swore...NEVER AGAIN!

However, when we were researching other places to stay in York Beach, nothing was comparable in price and location. My parents always took me to York Beach as a child and it is one of my favorite places...I will drive up for a day trip at least once a week during my summers off. Anyways, a new review had highlighted "under new ownership!" My mom e-mailed the new owner and she was so courteous and willing to answer any questions. She said that she had recently purchased the property and sent Randal on his way to Florida.

The place has had a total makeover. The carriage house where you check in is updated with gorgeous new paint and "beach house" decorations. All the rooms have fresh paint and new mattresses. New bedding and televisions as well.

It was a wonderful trip and I will be back again soon! We are so happy that we can stay at the Lighthouse Inn without any worries!

The pool and jacuzzi are great. Free continental breakfast! A great experience. Will be back!

Room Tip: First floor is easy to get in and out! Parking is also a breeze...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Enjoyed our stay over Memorial Day weekend and are going back soon. New owner was very welcoming and accomodating. Reasonable price. Great location! Walk to the beach or General Store. Lots of ice cream shops nearby too.

Room Tip: Our room was on the street side. Large, clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

I swore I would never stay at the Lighthouse Inn again. I spent two forgettable stays in 2011 and 2012 as the previous owner was a tyrant.
When I planned to travel to Maine, I checked out Trip Advisor and noted the property was "under new management." I faced the perennial approach/avoidance decision: attracted to, yet repulsed by the choice! I threw caution to the wind and decided it was worth a chance. Our visit this week was fantastic! For the first time, the sign on the door, "Welcome to the Lighthouse Inn" really meant what I read. The new owner, Diane, is charming, accommodating and welcoming. The owner revamped, renovated and upgraded the property to a first class resort. I was struck by Diane's willingness to seek out advice, e.g. "How can I make the continental breakfast a bit better?" I felt this demonstrated a committment to genuinely improvement the reputation of the property. I cannot recommend this property highly enough as our recent stay was a 5-star experience. My final words: Thank God Randell found his way to Florida! I just feel badly for the blind cat.

Room Tip: First floor is very convenient to showers and parking! Continental breakfast is complimentary and p...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dedham, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

This is a great little Inn in a perfect location to consider when booking a short stay in York Beach.
One of the reasons we chose the Lighthouse was due to the fact the rooms were updated. Although we did not have anything to compare too, the rooms were large and comfortable with fresh paint. Understanding that they are under new managment, it looks like they did a great deal in very little time!
The staff was very friendly and accomodating and the grounds very very clean. One improvement they can make is with the towels and soap. The towels are so small and worn and the soap little bars that don't last very long. Having regular size towels would be nice instead of those tiny ones most motels give you that have been around for some time! And I would have to agree with one guest about the breakfast selection. Although we are not big breakfast people, it was not very pleasing. Bread and English Muffins were set out but there was no jam, jelly or butter! Store bought coffee cake cut up into little pieces and mini muffins. There was also cereal out but the milk was not kept cold over ice and who knows how long it was sittin out. Not really a big deal and would not prohibit us from staying there but not a fan of the breakfast selection. All in all it was a very pleasant stay and we would recommend staying at the Lighthouse! Very happy with our choice of accomodations!

Room Tip: Rooms in the carriage house have a balcony which is a nice feature.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Stayed for my first time earlier this month. Great little spot. The lobby was super cozy and we enjoyed lounging there in the evening. The pool looked very inviting but unfortunately it was too chilly for us to enjoy. Fresh bedding, friendly staff and short walk to the beach makes it a top pick for a repeat visit!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Newton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Loved the whole experience. Newly renovated, short walk to the beach and the lighthouse. Check in was pleasurable and the new owner clearly did her homework in upgrading the former property. The great room is perfect for relaxing, the pool is an added plus. My room was clean and spacious and overlooking the pool. Great value for the price. Check it out!

Room Tip: My room was on the top floor overlooking the pool in the carriage house. I would recommend if you c...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

Just spent a long weekend up at the Lighthouse Inn and had a fabulous time! The owner was so accommodating and pleasant and the setting was just gorgeous! I was there on a work trip but I will definitely be back with my family before the summer is out. Would highly recommend!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Been to Lighthouse Inn and Carriage House? Share your experiences!